New 27-year-old Guitar!

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
1997 Parker Fly Artist - Body made of solid Sitka Spruce.

Lifelong dream come true.

A generous friend allowed me to acquire this at a relatively reasonable cost. More than I could/should afford, but less than the ridiculously inflated prices of the last 3 or 4 years.
I've wanted one of these for so long - my screen backdrop was a Parker Artist for decades!

It's beautiful. Not flawless, but definitely a beauty at 27 years old!

I have not weighted it yet, but it's even lighter than my 1994 hardtail which is lights as a feather.
It resonates for days! I had no idea spruce was soooo nice!

I performed with it for the first time this morning. What a pleasure!

Attachments

• IMG_1723.jpg
    IMG_1723.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1722.jpg
    IMG_1722.jpg
    996 KB · Views: 165
A friend I met at University had a Parker Fly. I was impressed with how many great features it had. Congratulations on getting a very cool guitar.

That guitar is stunning!

I remember you were very active on the parker guitars forum. I spent some time there because I was interested in getting a Fly but saw the writing on the wall that Parker was going down so never bought one. I regret not jumping in when I had the chance.

That guitar is stunning!

I remember you were very active on the parker guitars forum. I spent some time there because I was interested in getting a Fly but saw the writing on the wall that Parker was going down so never bought one. I regret not jumping in when I had the chance.
Well, never too late ... I have three now - a hard tail Deluxe, a Classic (Mahogany body) and now the Artist. These guitars are each over 25 years old and play like the day they came out of the factory. There's a great community of Parker users at flyclone.com and some of the more specialized items are being re-engineered so the technology used is not lost and repairs can be done.
Ken was so ahead of his time - the world was not yet ready for Parker guitars. Now it is, but Ken's moved on to make the nicest (and most expensive) hand-built archtops using the same principles he used in building the Fly. I've yet to play one, and I don't have a rich enough relative on the brink of death to contemplate buying one.
The Fly keeps me satisfied. As they said - and it is true - Nothing plays like a Parker.

A generous friend allowed me to acquire this at a relatively reasonable cost. More than I could/should afford, but less than the ridiculously inflated prices of the last 3 or 4 years.
I've wanted one of these for so long - my screen backdrop was a Parker Artist for decades!

I have not weighted it yet, but it's even lighter than my 1994 hardtail which is lights as a feather.

Gorgeous! Always wanted one of those....

And a beauty, too! Congrats! I was also always drooling for a proper Parker. I've had the chance to play a Made in Korea one that wasn't bad but obviously not the real deal for many reasons.

that's a beauty! i was lucky enough to be a dragonfly owner for a while, when they were ridiculously cheap. one of those guitars/bits of gear i which i wish i'd never let go.

that's a beauty! i was lucky enough to be a dragonfly owner for a while, when they were ridiculously cheap. one of those guitars/bits of gear i which i wish i'd never let go.
I remember that one. Try to get a "pre-refined" - meaning Ken Parker era guitar if you can. They are just magic!

Congrats! You found one!

I'm glad I kept mine. Recently, it's gotten a lot of love.

Congrats! amazing Guitar.

Along the years i have done several repairs on originals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom