New 10.10 firmware thoughts?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
It's on the Fractal website. I can't do this to try yet as I have gigs lined up and not enough time to tinker, but who has tried and your thoughts?

Wah? Amp models? Do tell!

Played a little with it,wah I noticed sounded much better,more tones, tried the fox odsII, turned the input drive a bit ,put the sm cathedral reverb on and I couldn't stop playing early VH :encouragement:

New drives for Mesa Mark amp are perfect I am quite impressed with that . The Thordendal model is crushingly Humiliative !Haven't tried the new triptik modes

having lots of fun re-working my modifier curves assigned to the amp: drive
far too much fun to be playing the new amps.. lol..

EDIT: just thought I should add that re-working my modifier curse is not as a direct result of 10.10
it's a direct result of my stupidity..
but the net result is the same in as much as I'm not having fun with the new amps yet..
although I'm gagging to get my hands on all the new TripTik models

Last edited:
I feel like I can't join the party- I, too, have shows coming up, and I don't have the time to re-work my presets.

Oh well, there's always August.

Sigh...

Last edited:
I tinkered just a hair this morning and can verify that the reverb sounds a lot - nay - a WHOLE LOT better than before. Much more natural decay and reverb bloom. Loving it. Can't wait for wah time.

Would anybody mind pasting the release notes into this thread? I only have access to a phone and it can't handle zip files, so I can't read that sweet sweet update info.

For the first time ever in a FW update (yes I've been lucky) I had presets go funky, and unfortunately it was all my new and beloved Triptik amp based beauties. Started to try and re-align this evening, but it's going to take some work. I know I'll get 'em back better than ever, and now with even more tweakability, but it's a teensy bit of a downer because they sounded soooooo fantastic.

New wahs are unbelievable, new reverbs the same. Going to play with the new Triptiks tomorrow after I get my "modern" back under control.....

I've twiddled with it some. Each release surprises me. You'd think by now I'd expect a great improvement each update, but I guess I'm saying I'm surprised that I'm surprised. I took a chance on Fractal a few years ago, and it absolutely changed my guitar life. Cliff and the FAS team consistently exceed my expectations. I cannot think of a single thing I ever bought that has improved as much as my Fractal gear. I fully expect it will go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past 11.

I also like the Wahs. updated all my patches with it..If this is a promise of Things to come(improved effects) I am really looking forward to the NeXT updates.- AAEN

Normally I don't take point releases, but I wanted to update the wah settings on one of my patches, so I took this one. The new wahs are definitely an improvement. The new reverb I won't have an opinion on until I can test at volume.

The Trip-Tik surprised me. Every time there's a new amp it gets lots of positive comment, and I normally wait for that to die down. This time I've started experimenting with the Trip "modern" using low gain and an input setting of 0.100, and am pleased with the result. It may eventually replace the Wrecker in some of my low gain patches, but probably not the Bassman.

Back
Top Bottom