Need my Kemper sound on Fractal. Will pay $$

rock15478

I've been struggling for a few years now... I love the concept of Fractal and the workflow. However, I have my "sound" that I've duplicated with the Kemper. I for the life of me can not re-create this sound in Fractal-land. I'd love to move to the FM-3 for live use but no matter how hard I try I end up coming up short when it comes to pure amp tone. Everything I do gets me about 95% there. For anyone who owns both a Kemper and Fractal, I'd be willing to pay money if you can take my main amp rig and come close to the same amp tone on the Fractal. Everyone swears that Fractal can do whatever Kemper can but it's cases like this that keep me staying in Kemper-land. Any takers? Any advice? I can upload my main performance patch if anyone wants to take a stab. Thanks!

Maybe post some idea of the amp and cab used in the Kemper profile. That's what people will try to create some version of, not the profile itself.

You need to find someone with a Kemper and Axe III.
I used to have both but sold the Kemper, otherwise I'd do a ToneMatch for you.

What amp is the profile of? What cab? You could probably shoot an IR of the cab block you are using in the Kemper.

I've been struggling for a few years now... I love the concept of Fractal and the workflow. However, I have my "sound" that I've duplicated with the Kemper. I for the life of me can not re-create this sound in Fractal-land. I'd love to move to the FM-3 for live use but no matter how hard I try I end up coming up short when it comes to pure amp tone. Everything I do gets me about 95% there. For anyone who owns both a Kemper and Fractal, I'd be willing to pay money if you can take my main amp rig and come close to the same amp tone on the Fractal. Everyone swears that Fractal can do whatever Kemper can but it's cases like this that keep me staying in Kemper-land. Any takers? Any advice? I can upload my main performance patch if anyone wants to take a stab. Thanks!
I have FM3 and Kemper. I’ll give it a go for you.

I tried doing something similar before. Since the cab is a huge part of the sound I shot an IR of the profile's cab block, but still haven't managed to get convincingly close, even when using the correct amp models.
But then I am only using 3rd party profiles since I haven't managed to get good results profiling my own amps. So I guess it's the stuff that the Kemper adds to the tone that makes it hard to match the tone in Fractal land.

Just start fresh or take one of the excellent factory presets and tweak that to your liking.

Where are you located?

You haven't told us what you are using to monitor the sound, whether you've adjusted the monitoring system's EQ for the Kemper's sound "to your taste", or how loud you're listening. Those things make major differences in our perception of sound.

Also, what firmware version are you running in the FM3?

It's also important to share the profile, the preset you're using to try to recreate the Kemper's sound, and your system+gb+fc file. The problem could be a simple adjustment to the preset or a system setting.

The more detail you tell us, the easier it is for us to help you, the fewer questions we have to ask, and the more quickly you'll get solutions to try. Edit your original question and add that information so we can all work from the same starting point.

Reactions: JTI
You haven't told us what you are using to monitor the sound, whether you've adjusted the monitoring system's EQ for the Kemper's sound "to your taste", or how loud you're listening. Those things make major differences in our perception of sound.

Also, what firmware version are you running in the FM3?

It's also important to share the profile, the preset you're using to try to recreate the Kemper's sound, and your system+gb+fc file. The problem could be a simple adjustment to the preset or a system setting.

The more detail you tell us, the easier it is for us to help you, the fewer questions we have to ask, and the more quickly you'll get solutions to try. Edit your original question and add that information so we can all work from the same starting point.
What amp. What profiler did the profile. What cabinet is baked into the profile. Was there a boost baked into the profile(s) in question. The list goes on.

Back
Top Bottom