Need a Rhodes piano sim on AXE2

Hover

Seaching for a Rhodes piano sound on guitar and AXE-FX2.

Normal(natural) Rhodes sound (version of the rhodes don't really matter), and with classic effect additions - tremolo, vibrato, chorus, some drive.

Maybe someone deep in searching this types of simulation Rhodes sound.

Thanks.

Not gonna happen. We would need a much more complex Synth to get a good bell tone. They are
very complex signals. A Rhodes is full of little metal tuning forks, called tines, that make its signature
smooth bell tones sound. No way to accurately duplicate that in the Axe. Organ sounds we can do well, though.

People have posted a number of them, and I'm almost done with a very cool Electric Organ patch that
sounds pretty great. It'll be on my Smilefan's Patch Thread in a couple days.

Thanks for answer, Smilefan.
Smooth Bell tone is what I need. Maybe FAS could upgrade synth part of effects in AXE2

E.Organ patch should be interesting especially if it could be used as some EHX POG2 settings.

DonPetersen said:
we'll need FM or additive synthesis for that.

Wonder if this is possible ... Would be very cool to have FM synthesis.

Would open a whole crazy world of Sonic possibilities.

i posited the idea of FM synthesis quite a while back (it's on my massive fx wishlist). as we have three synths in each synth block, i think it might be possible, with some kind of routing options, to modulate the waveform of one synth with another. if you have ableton live, you can check out how amazingly powerful this is by messing with the "operator" synth. it would basically open up a whole new world of sounds in the axe. i did have a brief chat with Adam about it a while back, but he was busy with other stuff and couldn't look into it properly...he did think it might be possible though. as the next update won't be for a while, i'm hoping the guys will have some time to experiment with some of this stuff and see what they can come up with.

i posited the idea of FM synthesis quite a while back (it's on my massive fx wishlist). as we have three synths in each synth block, i think it might be possible, with some kind of routing options, to modulate the waveform of one synth with another. if you have ableton live, you can check out how amazingly powerful this is by messing with the "operator" synth. it would basically open up a whole new world of sounds in the axe. i did have a brief chat with Adam about it a while back, but he was busy with other stuff and couldn't look into it properly...he did think it might be possible though. as the next update won't be for a while, i'm hoping the guys will have some time to experiment with some of this stuff and see what they can come up with.

Really wish this could happen.

That would be a great addition.

I wonder if Phase Distortion synthesis, like the old Casio CZ boards, would be more akin to the subtractive synth we have now? vs. FM?

I never did get my head around the FM stuff very well even though I did program a few basic sounds on the old Yamaha stuff.

Back
Top Bottom