need a cure against annoying dynamic icepicks

Just out of curiosity, do you have the ability to close mic and amp (with the amp in another room) and to listen to the mic'd amp through your speaker? You might find that what you are hearing is perfectly normal for a mic'd cabinet sound.

Unfortunately I do not have this option at the moment but will give it some thought and try this in two or three weeks time, thanks. I rather tend to believe that the issue comes from how certain cabs and amps interact with each other. Could be my monitor as well but with headphones it is just the same. Search goes on...

Again: is this an issue in context?

It shurely would cut through the mix but not in a good way. Not like I am used from my tube amps. I did not test this with the band yet but I am pretty sure they would agree. I think I understand what you mean when notes with harder attack have that certain bite but there is a strident harshness instead.

I have this problem with really bright amp sims. My fix is when riding the volume knob, when I turn up I roll back on the tone a little works like a charm!

It shurely would cut through the mix but not in a good way. Not like I am used from my tube amps. I did not test this with the band yet but I am pretty sure they would agree. I think I understand what you mean when notes with harder attack have that certain bite but there is a strident harshness instead.

Sounds like a description of a Marshall when you listen to it out of context, then it's amazing with the band.
During my early years as a player I struggled with that a lot (with real tube amps), then I realized that every sound guys was happy with my tone because in context it sounded very balanced.

Back
Top Bottom