Neck blemished from case

Is your neck finish poly or nitro? If it’s poly, then that’s just a surface stain and can be cleaned off. If it’s nitro, the stain might have penetrated all the way through.

The stain might also be grime from playing, left on the neck and pressed into it by the neck rest.

My luthier says he sees the pink and purple case lining from Gibson causing those 'stains'.
I've got a pink one on a white neck.
Yep, in thinking about it, I have a white SG custom with a bit of a stain.

My earlier comment about the aniline dye was in reference to reissues, where people started complaining about pink neck binding when Gibson switched back to the original dye in the interest of authenticity. Also, I don't know whether the pink inside the Lifton reproduction cases used for the reissues has the same problem as the other Gibson cases.

Is your neck finish poly or nitro? If it’s poly, then that’s just a surface stain and can be cleaned off. If it’s nitro, the stain might have penetrated all the way through.

The stain might also be grime from playing, left on the neck and pressed into it by the neck rest.
Nitro, Suhr is going to refinish and I’m not going to let the neck rest on the same material anymore

My 2 cents on how great Suhr customer service is. Recently bought a used Classic T. Went to adjust the neck and the previous owner stripped the nut. Contacted support, not only did they send me a free replacement they also included a fret protector and the build sheet (neither of which were with the guitar). None of which is a big deal but they could've charged me since it was bought used, but they didn't.

My 2 cents on how great Suhr customer service is. Recently bought a used Classic T. Went to adjust the neck and the previous owner stripped the nut. Contacted support, not only did they send me a free replacement they also included a fret protector and the build sheet (neither of which were with the guitar). None of which is a big deal but they could've charged me since it was bought used, but they didn't.
I had a very similar experience with Suhr support with a bad trussrod nut, they helped out quickly and for no charge. In my case, they did the work and paid for FedEx shipping in both directions.

I had a very similar experience with Suhr support with a bad trussrod nut, they helped out quickly and for no charge. In my case, they did the work and paid for FedEx shipping in both directions.
Yeah that's the kind of company I like to support. Can't mostly afford their stuff, but I would if I could.

And I wouldn't kick several of their guitars out of bed either...

Yeah that's the kind of company I like to support. Can't mostly afford their stuff, but I would if I could.

And I wouldn't kick several of their guitars out of bed either...
Yup, the prices are high and going up. Suhr's not alone in that. I'm lucky to have three Suhrs, all bought used.

Back
Top Bottom