Neal Schon Axe-Fx III vs Axe-Fx II

After ALL THESE YEARS with the 2 hes just no longer FEELING THAT WAY, and ONLY THE YOUNG axe 3 can be embraced with OPEN ARMS, and really be routed ANY WAY YOU WANT IT, to PLAY SOME MAGIC AND while THEY STILL RIDE, for the axe 2 tHE PARTY IS OVER,for Neil at least,

BUT I WILL NEVER WALK AWAY from it because it still FRIIIIIIIIIIGGIN SHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For sure, he was not on the european waiting list ;-)

Don’t throw flamethrower at me, I do not know who Neal Schon is !
Maybe not old enough...
Or maybe 80’s thrasher...

Interesting.

Not being a discerning wah user myself, I’ve been happy with wahs in every processor I’ve had, but have heard a lot of complaints about the II with regard to this strange effect.

Is the one in the III significantly improved?

Interesting.

Not being a discerning wah user myself, I’ve been happy with wahs in every processor I’ve had, but have heard a lot of complaints about the II with regard to this strange effect.

As far as I can tell the only difference is the addition of the EQ.

Interesting.

Complaints about the wah models? Where? I don't recall coming across any, let alone a lot.

Complaints about the wah models? Where? I don't recall coming across any, let alone a lot.

Can’t point you to a specific quote, but have heard this many times from many people. Never paid much attention - to me it sounded perfectly fine, and was tweakable and useful. Never understood what they were talking about.

But I also see a lot of artists using “real” wahs though. Like the protagonist of this thread.

I used to see the occasional comment that the Wah in the Axe-Fx could be more realistic. But those complaints evaporated when the Wah block was improved four years ago.

Back
Top Bottom