Namm observations

It's awesome to hear that there were so many units out there... out of curiosity, did anyone take an actual count of how many there were around there ?

Matt tossed v10 beta on one of the Matrix II's for sure. I am not sure if he did the others.

So did you do your do diligence and see what other amps were added? And being in the room, did it sound as great as I think it's going to sound? subjective I know ;-)

Matt tossed v10 beta on one of the Matrix II's for sure. I am not sure if he did the others.

Matt was kind enough to come by and load v10. Some of the players with very finely tuned ears were commenting how the feel was more direct. One very focused and thoughtful guitar player was just hitting an E power chord and listening. He did his best to try not to smile. There were more than a few comments about the tightness and more of a connection with the Axe. I would not have believed this is possible but it is. So be excited. Be VERY excited.

Matt was kind enough to come by and load v10. Some of the players with very finely tuned ears were commenting how the feel was more direct. One very focused and thoughtful guitar player was just hitting an E power chord and listening. He did his best to try not to smile. There were more than a few comments about the tightness and more of a connection with the Axe. I would not have believed this is possible but it is. So be excited. Be VERY excited.

That's funny about the feel part. I was just saying to a guy yesterday that V10 feels more immediate and "faster" even though the latency is the same.

While i was at namm, i ran into Chris Broderick and talked to him about using the axe. He loves his, which is no surprise he had one since the early ultra days. I was suprised about this amp choices, he said he uses the 5153 for his rythem tone and the hbe for his lead tone.

Was good to see you again Pete. I couldn't agree any more with the observations. It just keeps getter better...

I was there and it feels so awsome, I was te guy with the blue suhr modern, pretty sure a lot of you guys saw that guitar as I spent a lot of time there, Martin Miller, Tom Quayle or Misha Mansoor played my guitar on the matrix both as well ... the little matrix amp, sounded awsome as well, very light weight.... love it """!!!!

The real observation should have been Fractal direct to market is redefining their industry under their noses. Kinda like when record companies use to say no one will ever want an MP3 player and before they knew it their industry was upside down.

Think about. Do more people have a use for a 120 watt amp with two tones or a headphone unit with 120 tones?

These companies can't see the future and that it has already arrived.

While that may be true for adults with disposable incomes, the majority of parents are going to stick with brick & mortar stores that they can return/exchange the modelling amp that "stopped working for no reason".

I was there and it feels so awsome, I was te guy with the blue suhr modern, pretty sure a lot of you guys saw that guitar as I spent a lot of time there, Martin Miller, Tom Quayle or Misha Mansoor played my guitar on the matrix both as well ... the little matrix amp, sounded awsome as well, very light weight.... love it """!!!!

I remember you well. I am glad you found your passport. I hope you had a good trip back. You played some great stuff.

You will have to forgive me as everything is a blur. I would hear a sound I liked and run over to check what it was. I would just notice the FAS on the screen over and over. I remember being pleasantly surprised as I always associated FAS with a very heavy sound. But the guitar players were making it sing.

It seems like a lot of the "name" players using the Axe Fx are going for heavier sounds. I have no interest in those sounds at all (though I'm glad it makes them, too, so those players can support the Axe and make it possible to be continually improved) and love it as much as anyone. It absolutely sings and excels across the spectrum of gain ranges. Reports of 10 have me once again lusting for the "new" sound while loving 9.02 a ton.

Back
Top Bottom