Name Your DAW!

Nuendo. Been using it from the beginning after Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 became Sonar (Cakewalk altered the UI and lost me). Also used Logic before it became Mac only (really wish it was still cross platform). Use Vegas for any audio mixing with video, but record in Nuendo.

Last edited:
reaper

cheap for personal usage, damn robust, small, fast, reliable.
all vst / vsti working great
love it.

Logic 9 -- though it's been flakey under Yosemite which may be the kick I need to upgrade to Logic X...

Or conversely, just the confirmation I need NOT to install Yosemite!
biggrin.gif

Logic X for band stuff recording sessions and working on tracks etc...

Ableton 9 for personal work and messing around :), though the more I use both, the more I see the quality of both DAWs is excellent.

I've used Cakewalk/Sonar from version 1 for DOS to X3. I recently switched to Reaper because I can't get Sonar to work with ASIO4ALL, and I need to use both the Axe ASIO drivers and my main audio interface drivers simultaneously for reamping (if only the Axe had a 4x4 audio interface). Also, clip editing in Sonar is destructive. If you move a clip on top of another clip, the bottom clip is spit in two. If you drag the top clip away, a hole is left in the bottom clip. I've HATED this behavior since the beginning. It is basic clip editing, and they still can't get it right.

Reaper works with ASIO4ALL, has non-destructive clip editing, works with PC and Mac, is fast and efficient (no bloat code for copy protection) and is comprehensive and cheap. The design team also concentrates on bug fixes before new features, unlike Sonar. Sonars bug lists are ludicrous upon first release of a new version. So Reaper it is for now.

I also just purchased a used Mac and will try Logic just to see if the grass is greener on the Mac side of the fence.

Macbook Pro & Logic 9... but I still have my original floppy disc of Cakewalk from 1989 and my old XT as a back up...Te He..!!

Back
Top Bottom