Name 7 guitar players you really like...

There has to be balance in the world, right? :)

My list, in no particular order

* Andy Timmons (My absolute fave if I had to choose only one)
* Joe Satriani
* Eric Johnson
* John Petrucci
* Zakk Wylde
* Steve Lukather
* Steve Vai (tho he does go overboard sometimes....) :)

gotcha the whole ying/yang thing.

Peter Frampton
Vito Bratta (wherever you are)
Rik Emmett
Alex Lifeson (especially up to Exit Stage Left).
David Gilmour
Dick Dale
Robin Trower

OK, I'll play.

- David Gilmour
- Steve Howe
- Neil Young
- Peter Frampton
- Neal Schon
- Alex Hutchings
- Ian Bairnson

There has to be balance in the world, right? :)

My list, in no particular order

* Andy Timmons (My absolute fave if I had to choose only one)
* Joe Satriani
* Eric Johnson
* John Petrucci
* Zakk Wylde
* Steve Lukather
* Steve Vai (tho he does go overboard sometimes....) :)

+1 on this list
+1 on Vito Bratta

I will add Jake E Lee and George Lynch....Paul Gilbert, and Eddie Van Halen

I like this kind of thread much more. In no order.

I was recently introduced to Tim Miller. He's ultra modern jazz. A little Holdsworthy and cool
Adam Rogers. My fav current jazz guitarist.
Robben Ford. Still like him.
Bireli Lagrene. I don't listen t him too much, but he's got skills.
Kurt Rosenwinkle.
Wayne Krantz.
Metheny.

I guess. Just off the top of my head.

Sorry to ruin the tone of the evening by being serious, but there's already a few names coming up in both threads that I haven't heard of, especially from Henry, so I was thinking it would be good if we ever did this in the future to add some youtube links to the list of names so we could check out their good (or bad) stuff. After all, even as an old bastard I do enjoy hearing new (to me) artists, even if they are old hat to most others.

Here's one from me Alex Hutchings & Jack Thammarat 8 String Full length Jam - YouTube

Michael Schenker
Guthrie Govan
Robin Trower
Myself(I like me, seriously... post says 'like', else why keep playing?) just saying.
Satch
Warren DiMartini
Angus Young

I'm sure most of you here have heard Andy Timmons before, but on the off chance that some haven't, here's one of my fave moments:

This vid was the first time I heard him, and I still think it's one of his best performances, it's just magical :)

1- +1000 for Vito Bratta. He was creative, unpredictible and yet very musical. This guy shoud be a legend!
2- Jimi Hendrix. Guitar playing was never the same again after Jimi. He is to the guitar what Einstein his to science.
3- Eddie Van Halen. He took Jimi's stuff and brang it to another level. So many inovative techniques and tones this guy created. HE is a legend!
4- Jason Becker. He was a virtuoso at 20 years old when ALS stroke him. I can't imagine how genius he would have become over the years. He was fast but very melodic at the same time. A totaly gifted musician who deserves respect!
5- George Lynch. Mr.Tone himsef. I begun paying guitar in the 80's hair metal era. George was the man. I wonder how many Hotrods Plexis Marshall sold because of George. I don't like his modern tone. Too much phaser and I hate Randalls.
6- Steve Vai. Because love him of hate him, he's just an amazing guitar player. Period.
7- Randy Rhoads. HE first combine Metal and Classical music. Forget about Mamsteen, Randy was the fu@#$ guy!!!!

Randy Rhoads
David Gilmour
Jeff Loomis
Alex Lifeson
Frank Zappa
Tony Iommi
kerry king

I think some of the guitar players i said i hated i really like too...

Back
Top Bottom