My tuner is off and I can't figure out why

luckymethod

Inspired
I'm trying to figure out why the tuner on my unit simply won't work. I have selected Input 1 as the one it should listen to, and my TC electronics tuner is clearly correct (validated against multiple iPad apps including the Peterson strobe tuner) while the Axe is off by at least 40 cents if not more.

1721932985316.png

I looked at the manual and I couldn't find anything at all that could explain this. Do I have a bad unit?

p.s.: the tuner doesn't have custom offsets, it's set at 440hz etc... screenshots for proof

1721932657551.png

Is your external clock running 48khz? If it’s not it’ll throw everything in the AxeFX off.
Thank you, that's what it was. I feel like a mention of this fact in the manual in the tuner section would be useful, but I also don't understand why that's the case. Having the option of deactivating the external clock when the tuner is engaged would be probably a good thing. I'm also wondering if the external clock messes with the pitch shifting blocks.

It messes with absolutely everything, modeling as well. I'm fairly sure it's mentioned in there somewhere, but I don't have it in front of me right now to look. The entire unit's designed to run at 48khz and only there. Anything else puts it out of spec.

Yeah, that's the right spot to look in Axe-Edit - it's the word clock source there. To know what the actual clock is set to though, you'd need to look at whatever device you're using as a clock source.

Yeah, that's the right spot to look in Axe-Edit - it's the word clock source there. To know what the actual clock is set to though, you'd need to look at whatever device you're using as a clock source.
So where do I find the word clock source?

Back
Top Bottom