My Recording IR

Axe-Master
I'm tracking the new Ragdoll album at the moment, using a V30 loaded Marshall 412 mic'd with a 57/421/121 combo through some sweet API pre's and an SSL summing mixer. Here's an IR of the blend we've got going (this is a single IR of the three mic mix summed by the SSL).

Please let me know what you think of the IR and whether it works in your setup or not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6h9kjwh3hdgsom/TN Mar412-V30 Blend 1.wav?dl=0

Watch the vid below to get more insight into how/why the IR was made and into my thoughts on recording tones in general.

Leon! This IR is amazing! I loaded it up in my Brit Silver patch, and I can't stop playing!

You're always sharing so much useful information, and I've learned so much from watching your videos. As a token of my gratitude, I just bought Ragdoll Rewound and Back to Zero. Thanks!

Leon! This IR is amazing! I loaded it up in my Brit Silver patch, and I can't stop playing!

You're always sharing so much useful information, and I've learned so much from watching your videos. As a token of my gratitude, I just bought Ragdoll Rewound and Back to Zero. Thanks!

Awesome to hear. It really likes modern Marshall's and Mesa's! Thanks so much for the support, I hope you enjoy the albums :)

Hey Leon, do you have a photo of it all mic'd up and the relative level of each mic by anychance?

As a gear-head I find this stuff quite interesting but I'd never expect the commerical ir makers to give away their trade secrets.

Cheers,

Hey Leon, do you have a photo of it all mic'd up and the relative level of each mic by anychance?

As a gear-head I find this stuff quite interesting but I'd never expect the commerical ir makers to give away their trade secrets.

Cheers,

I have some pics somewhere, I'll try find them. But it's pretty much 57 on the dust cap (closest to the edge of the cab), 121 on the cone and 421 in between the dust cab and speaker edge. 121 and 421 about 9dB lower than the 57. Checking phase alignment is a PITA but if you have cab lab you can just shoot and blend them later.

Niiiice! And I really like the Imperial stuff on your touring fridge. ;-) Hopefully I can check this IR out, when I'm on holiday in two weeks....

Keep it up!

Andy

Thank you for sharing your ir:) I like it. It sounds good with many amp models.
Ive tried it with HBE, SLO100, Usa lead etc.
And very important for me, it sounds great with Euro red.:sunglasses:

Awesome to hear. It really likes modern Marshall's and Mesa's! Thanks so much for the support, I hope you enjoy the albums :)

I loved those two Ragdoll albums so much that I also bought the All I Want is Everything EP. Great stuff! I can't wait to listen to the new album!

I hope you do make some more IRs once you get the AFIII. I would certainly buy one of your cab packs!

Thanks again!

Hi Leon! Its me again. I just want to thank you again. Normally when i try new ir, i play trough them 2, maybe 3 days, and than i looking for some other ir. For me its endless searching, endless switching bitween many irs. But when i play trough your ir, i dont want to switch, it match simply. I wish you a new axe fx 3, and that you continue to produce irs.
Thank you again))

Sorry for my bad english:yum:

Hi Leon! I really liked your IR.

Here is a recording with the 50 watt 5153 blue channel and your IR. I love that amp, and I love this cab together with it.

I'm really liking the sound, maybe it could just have a bit more sizzle. I cut the IR at 75/12K, do you use low/high cut? If yes, curve 6 or 12 db? At which frequencies?

P.S.: Make a cab pack and take my money! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom