My JCM800 Just Blew Up

I hope it didn't leak on the board and you have a good tech near by to service it quickly.
Was it your Canadian 2203?

"Axe-Fx III Discussion"... :)
Fortunately it didn't leak. The vent hole did it's job.

It was my 2204 which is also a Canadian version. I have a US version as well but the Canadian version sounds better.

I will repair this myself. I have a set of F&Ts on the way. The only thing I don't do is transformer replacements because it takes a lot of time and my time is worth more than it is to pay a tech.

Must be something in the air as I seem to have blown up my Splawn Quickrod.

I was finally prepping it to sell as I haven't used it for years (or more accurately since I became "Fractalized"). Powered her up and let it warm up for about 10 minutes and BOOM - burning small and took out one of the fuses when I switched off standby.

I don't miss tube amp fragility at all...

Must be something in the air as I seem to have blown up my Splawn Quickrod.

I was finally prepping it to sell as I haven't used it for years (or more accurately since I became "Fractalized"). Powered her up and let it warm up for about 10 minutes and BOOM - burning small and took out one of the fuses when I switched off standby.

I don't miss tube amp fragility at all...

I haven't played my Quickrod in a few months. Now i have to try it today and pray it doesn't blow up. I know the QR's arent super popular but i haven't heard alot of horror stories about them yet.

I haven't played my Quickrod in a few months. Now i have to try it today and pray it doesn't blow up. I know the QR's arent super popular but i haven't heard alot of horror stories about them yet.
Its probably my fault because I think I should have been cycling power on it the last few years and I haven't.

Why haven't I ?

Because I have an Axe-Fx III :)

Back
Top Bottom