My FM9 is being very possessive-wants everything?

partial transparency :-( The last 2 weeks I have not hardly slept due to some " lets say dreams" (see my Avatar) I use to have decades ago-not nice ones. All of sudden they came back. Don't know why.
I am so edgy and jumpy and, freaked - So please try and pardon my edgy behavior. I should and will stay off for a while.
Thanks Folks
Don’t worry about it man. We all go through ups and downs. Take care of yourself and be well. Thank you for your service!

partial transparency :-( The last 2 weeks I have not hardly slept due to some " lets say dreams" (see my Avatar) I use to have decades ago-not nice ones. All of sudden they came back. Don't know why.
I am so edgy and jumpy and, freaked - So please try and pardon my edgy behavior. I should and will stay off for a while.
Thanks Folks
Ride that pony until it stops kicking. Wish I had something more substantial to offer, but there are folks out in the world who do. Thanks for letting us know.

...By computer monitors, do you mean the built-in computer speakers? Just select "Speakers" as your output device from the audio output menu in the menu bar (or sound system preference)...That selection should remain set to speakers even if you turn your FM9 on or off.
I'll give it a whirl. And no, by monitors, I meant my Clarett USB > Boom EQ > JBL LSR308s. When the Clarett & Boom EQ are on, the audio defaults to that.

TBH, I was of the belief that if the FM9 was powered on and was displayed in System Prefs > Sound, Sound would default to the FM9, and one couldn't switch out of it.

You've likely answered my question, though, it may be all it requires is to select whatever audio device you'd like to hear audio through.

Thanks Folks
Sorry to hear about the bad dreams. My feeling (I used to have a touch of PTSD from a traumatic experience about 40 years ago like you) is that stress triggers the dreams, and stressors, sometimes if they are more numerous, can increase the frequency of the dreams. I really think you'll be OK, but it may take a while for things to clear. What I've found that helps is taking in some sunshine and a leisurely walk for some fresh air. This will help you feel better.

What used to trigger my PTSD was walking in the dark with only building lights lighting my path. I can't share the traumatic experience (it was pretty graphic) but I found some "light at the end of a tunnel" and a way to cope with my dreams. Try the leisurely daytime walk in fresh air. The exercise will boost your endorphins and melatonin, and will help you sleep better with less disturbance.

Meanwhile, it was snowy outside and I tracked in a load of salt and mud. My day tomorrow includes washing the floor. Hope your life isn't like mine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom