My first experience with 6.0 tone matching tonight = no joy.

USB from what? What was your guitar plugged into? Settings on the USB device? Settings on the AFX II? Could you hear what you needed while you played the reference part? What changes did you make to then clearly hear as you played the second part? Could you see both finished responses clearly before you tone matched? (there are more questions remaining)

We need convincing clarity and thorough information to make AFX users feel in charge of these new features...

Axe-Fx II Tone Matching Tutorial - YouTube

JOY!!! SUCCESS!!! And thanks again to all who helped me through my 'dark night of the soul' :) What a very cool board! And if I have offended anyone, I sincerely ask your forgiveness - I got too bent out of shape and I'm sorry for it. :(

~Hadster~

PS: I got my online name from Neil, who once introduced me in concert as 'Radley Rockensmith' :)

JOY!!! SUCCESS!!! And thanks again to all who helped me through my 'dark night of the soul' :) What a very cool board! And if I have offended anyone, I sincerely ask your forgiveness - I got too bent out of shape and I'm sorry for it. :(

~Hadster~

PS: I got my online name from Neil, who once introduced me in concert as 'Radley Rockensmith' :)

Tickets! :razz

USB from what? What was your guitar plugged into? Settings on the USB device? Settings on the AFX II? Could you hear what you needed while you played the reference part? What changes did you make to then clearly hear as you played the second part? Could you see both finished responses clearly before you tone matched? (there are more questions remaining)

We need convincing clarity and thorough information to make AFX users feel in charge of these new features...

Radley
We have two nice simple, a child could do it " videos. Whats wrong with that. Could not be more straight forward and easy. I think you really should check the forum with the 99% satisfaction post -most in merely minutes.
Check the videos.
The vids are linked on the forum somewhere-easy to find.

Last edited:
Radley
We have two nice simple, a child could do it " videos. Whats wrong with that. Could not be more straight forward and easy. I think you really should check the forum with the 99% satisfaction post -most in merely minutes.
Check the videos.
The vids are linked on the forum somewhere-easy to find.

He got it. See page 7.

~Hadster~

I just added this edit to the original post:

'My first experience with 6.0 tone matching tonight = no joy'

Edit: This thread no longer has any meaning except to thank some VERY thoughtful people on this board that helped me get my head around Tone Match (for a somewhat unusual usage). What was 'no joy' is now 'Mega Joy' because the final result was as great as I had hoped! I'm already thinking about making my own 'fizzbuster' Tone Matches, that will then be converted to IRs for the Cab block so I can have access to all the Cab parameters with a minimum of the dreaded FIZ-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z

Back
Top Bottom