My day, or, how to have a bitchin' yet agonizing day

3:00 PM - Woke up, getting ready for a brutal 13 out of 14 day stretch of work - 12 hour shifts, overnight, in a town an hour away. Drinking coffee, my wife is telling me about the baby fussing all day, but I keep looking out the window for the UPS guy. I am distracted.

4:45 PM - Leave the house. Down my street and around the corner, I spot the UPS driver coming towards me. I flag him down. We both stop in the middle of the street and I ask him if he is going to my house. Yes, he says. No, I say, give me my package right here, in the street. Please. He complies. I ask him if he doesn't even want to make sure it belongs to me. Nervous laugh, he says he thinks he has seen me there at my house before. Liar - he is a new guy as far as I can tell. But whatever, I have the package secured. The eagle has landed. [attachment=2:tdqhjwea]en route1.jpg[/attachment:tdqhjwea]

5:15 PM - After half an hour, I realize that I could have let him just give it to my wife at home. But the thought never occurred to me earlier. Strange, that has never happened to me with a package before. It's not like it will do me any good at work, and no one there gives a damn what it is...[attachment=1:tdqhjwea]at work1.jpg[/attachment:tdqhjwea]

8:00 PM - Okay, I can't wait any more. Just a little peek... [attachment=0:tdqhjwea]Hi there!1.jpg[/attachment:tdqhjwea]

So there you go. Who really cares if I can't play with it for TWO WEEKS, RIGHT? The important thing is, it's here, right?!?!? RIGHT?!?!?

Someone please help me with some wisdom or coping mechanisms or something, please. Thank you.

Attachments

• en route1.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 557
  • at work1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 558
  • Hi there!1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 558
2 Weeks!????? Why would you torture yourself? Oh yes....I know....YOU are Dexter Morgan!!!! :lol:

This was a stupid post, I know. But you're not helping. How the hell do you get one of these things and literally not have time to play with it for 2 weeks? Bad karma?

Just bury yourself in the manual. Read it from cover to cover for the next couple of weeks. Also, plug in the unit and get familiar with where everything is in it. That way when you get it home, you'll be totally familiar with it and messing around with it will be a breeze. :)

Hmm, I think a lot of us intercept the UPS guy down the street so our spouses DON'T see the package. :)

Chief said:
Hmm, I think a lot of us intercept the UPS guy down the street so our spouses DON'T see the package. :)

Yeah, if my wife knew how many $$$ worth of gear has slipped under her radar a divorce may be on the cards!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, we have all snuck in some gear like that!

Although in this case, I don't know how you sneak in a 2K item! She knew it was coming... she "authorized" it!

Dexter Morgan said:
After half an hour, I realize that I could have let him just give it to my wife at home.

Well....I suppose that is one way to keep your Wife busy while you play with your new toy.... ;) :lol:

LMAO teejay !!
I think MOST of my purchases are done by meeting the UPS guy on the driveway BEFORE the doorbell rings !!... I know that diesel motor and brake squeal anywhere... LOL

I know a way to help you... just send it to my house for 2 weeks, so my ultra can have a companion !!

Well, good news. On Easter Sunday I woke up early and everyone was already at Grandma's, so I got to break it out and fart with a few presets for about half an hour. That made me pretty happy.

Seems like every day I read things that I never saw before, even though I have been on this site lurking for a year and reading the Wiki... seems like now I have to figure out the significance of IR's, and how they improve everything beyond all the tweaking that I must learn... ugh. Still, nothing will get me down now!

teejay said:
Dexter Morgan said:
After half an hour, I realize that I could have let him just give it to my wife at home.

Well....I suppose that is one way to keep your Wife busy while you play with your new toy.... ;) :lol:

:oops: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, reading the manual while not playing the unit makes you more prepared. Strange thing is that the manual will become outdated before you get back and realize that there´s a new firmware aviable to download... just an example of my own experience (I had my unit shipped in september last year with 7.xx something, some days later there were a new firmware).

Now with firmware 9.03, I don´t even know what to do with my paper manual anymore. Haven´t got the heart to throw it in the garbage bin.
Perhaps for a joyful reading to remind me of the good old days... :lol: :lol: :lol:

/Mike

Lol. My Ultra is out for delivery today. I'm laying in bed with a D&V bug. Feel like I wanna die. Unlikely I'll be breaking out the ultra this eve. :(

Back
Top Bottom