My Attempt at Mysterious Ways A3 for Axe-Fx II

Thanks! We dig it. That's the thing with tributes.. everything has to look the part because in addition to being a band its also a sort-of theatrical production. Putting the right instruments into the hands of the players helps them to believe they are really the person they're portraying. It makes a huge difference in attitude and presentation. During the show we never let on that we are 'not' U2. No introductions.. no miscellaneous chatter.. our Bono only says things that Bono might say on stage. All these things add up to an incredibly believable show. The guitars are a big part of it since that's what Edge is known for so its gotta be a Rickenbacker. I even have a backup 360-12 for our Edge.

:eek:

I have been half-heartedly looking for a Fireglo Rick 360-12, but they seem hard to come by around here. I've seen a couple Jetglos available, but no red beasts - and you've got two! Good for you! :lol

I checked out your video, I see what you mean. Great performance! I see the guys know all the live DVDs by heart - both the audio AND the video ;)

It was nice of Edge to mark his knob settings onto his pickguard with felt pen so we don't have to guess that part of his tone lol

Edge Rick Settings.jpg

On a Rick, the top 2 are Tone, Bottom 2 are Volume and the little one is a Neck/Bridge blend pot.

Last edited:

This is my attempt at the A3. Please excuse the sloppy play as I recorded it with my Windows sound recorder and the latency was horrible. Axe-Fx II and cheap Strat. IT is based upon old versions and some tweaks of my own. Play around with it and have fun!

Give me some feedback on your versions. Let's hear your tweaks!

View attachment 16075

This is awesome! I don't have cables for the Axe fx. Has anyone got the settings written out, that I could just punch in? Much appreciated.

Wow, really nice job man! Thanks for sharing! This has been a really elusive sound, but that's really solid.
A few years ago, someone posted a sound that was dead on, but wouldn't share the patch, or give any clues to how he achieved it. Thanks again for being generous with your work!

Back
Top Bottom