Multitap Delay > Huge Chorus / Detuning

For those who dont know, Anand is an experienced player with a couple records under his sleeve. Check them out! They are pre-Fractal.

Hahahaha , thanks for noticing man ...........hahahahaha

Anyhow : yes , I have recorded some instrumental albums , released worldwide.............it was mainly to help me with the endorsement deals for Koch Amps , TC Electronic FX and Nik Huber Guitars.........great to demonstrate on Music Expos like the Frankfurt Music Expo : I always tried to have my songs MELODIC instead of only shredding.......and always demonstrated the GEAR I was doing the clinic for instead of demoing MYSELF......:)

Wished I could have done clinics with the gear I have right now........soooooo much more better sounding than my W/D/W system with a rack filled with the TC2290 , PCM70 ,SPX90 , CAE mixer and so on......even my beloved Mesa Single Rectifier is gone......hahaha

The AXE FX gear is amazing people.........it can do ALL you need once YOU have the TONE in your fingers...........I think that is the biggest quest what every guitarplayer should be after.........and playing some David Gilmour is a great start :)

My deepest RESPECT for CLIFF and his team......hope to be able to do something back in the future...!

Grtzzzzzz,
A+

Last edited:
Thanks guys ! Really appreciated a lot.........:)
Would love to upload the preset but without the Axe Edit , I dont know how to do it........I dont download presets and stuff , only firmware....so really have to wait for it....BUT as my presets are quite simple ( always ....hahaha) , here it comes :

- 1 preset , 2 scenes....the other 3 scenes you can just fill in for yourselves

---------------------------------------- MTD -------------Delay
layout : comp - amp - cab - vol - shunt - shunt - shunt - shunt
----------------------------------------- -------------Verb

( the MTD was placed above the second shunt after the VOL....and the DELAY above the last shunt , the VERB under the last shunt ...all parallel...sorry...difficult to draw..hahahaah...)

- Clean sound : Use scene 1 to activate : comp - amp X - cab - vol - MTD - Verb
comp = default setting , studio comp , adjust threshold to taste , mine is on -55
amp : X = JTM45 , default settings , gain = 5 , MV = 10 ,
cab : Redwirez Uber T75V30 , 1inch , Capedge , R121
vol : attach the Expression pedal to the Output Volume and control ..............:)
MTD : this one is PARALLEL ( something I prefer....instead of seriel.....becuase it sounds wider / bigger that way...)
Choose the Plexi Detune : Master Detune = 200% , Decay time 0.01sec , Diffusion 0.0% , Crossfade 50% , detune : 9.1 , 4.1 , -9.1 , -4.1 , time 10 , 24 , 16 , 30 ms ,

Reverb Y : Large cathedral , default settings , Parallel :)

Lead sound : Use amp Y = plexi Treble , default , gain = 5 , MV = 10
Delay : TC2290 dual : 360 - 720 ms , PARALLEL
Reverb X : Medium cathedral , default settings , PARALLEL

Adjust all the volumes to taste and there you go, good luck !
BUT : thses 2 scenes can be made with so many different amps / cabs ....so just use your own clean / lead amps.....

Hey Anand,

quick question: its hard to tell from your layout drawing... is the MTD and reverb blocks fed by the input signal (dry guitar)??

Hey Anand,

quick question: its hard to tell from your layout drawing... is the MTD and reverb blocks fed by the input signal (dry guitar)??

Hey,
No sorry for my bad drawing :

the MTD is fed by the signal which comes after the VOL block.........then the 100% wet signal of the MTD goes back to the dry signal.......and they feed both delays and verbs.....

Let me know it works out :)
A+

Thanks. Its gonna be about 3 weeks until i get back to the axe fx. I'm getting mentally prepared. Will let you know

I might try them settings tonight. What pickups you're using?

i am using Bare Knuckle Warpigs alnico.........i have a 8 string with Baritone neck which does make a huge different in tone.... :)

But all these details should not matter that much....just play it nicely....

very nice....but old news to some!

that lead preset is especially nice, though...

Mr Harris Sir.... could you please post a link to your multidelay patches (please). I'm seeing if I can insert MLTDLY into my patches with Tempo operating, but due to memory restrictions I may have to use several dedicated "chorus" MLTYDLY patches instead. There may also be a Scenes way*of doing this too....

- sorry: tap temp operating; and using multidelay as with the OP in this discussion to create chorus-type effect.

- thanks

global tempo is always operating. the significant factor is whether you have the delay times tied to it. if you use the "tempo" parameter in any of the delay blocks, then the delay repeats will be related to global tempo, if not, then you can set an absolute time.

the two multidelay blocks in the holdsworth preset are creating chorus and ambience

global tempo is always operating. the significant factor is whether you have the delay times tied to it. if you use the "tempo" parameter in any of the delay blocks, then the delay repeats will be related to global tempo, if not, then you can set an absolute time.

Not entirely true. I think a patch's default is "preset tempo", i.e., a tempo is stored with the patch and is in use until it's overwritten by new tap tempo information.
So if a delay is set to note values, it will still sound like you stored the patch - unless the patch is set to "global tempo"; in this case, the last tap tempo information gets used (and remains across patch changes, hence being global).

Last edited:
If one is really interested in how certain FX should sound of some of the best FX gear , please check out Italo his site for soundsamples.....and on HRI you can find some great info which he offers to lots of people...
Here are his sound samples...try to program your Axe like them if you are looking for some of those specific sounds :

Italo de Angelis

i will get hopefully soon a Lexicon PCM80 for a very cheap price , so will try to get the same high level reverb on the Axe 2.........

Back
Top Bottom