Most excited about????

There's going to be an envelope in some of the fx blocks? Sweet, I must have missed that.

Multiple channels
Faster switching between amp channels
More horsepower and more room for all-in-one presets
Configurable quick control knobs
Sounds pretty much like the same things I'm most looking forward to. This will really make things insane for the live rig.

I’m excited that pretty much all of the issues I had with the Axe2xl+ and the MFC-101 will be resolved with this update.

I’m excited that I can have two sets of XLR outs now and with all the new in’s and outs and routing options I’ll be able to simplify my guitar synth/looper rig and better integrate it into my Axe3 rig.

I’m also excited to see where the amp modeling can go from here now that there is all of this available processing power. I mean, I was completely satisfied with Quantum and it was good enough that I finally felt OK with dumping the bulk of my 30+ tube amp collection I’ve been amassing over the last 35 years and start using the AxeFx for pretty much all my live and recording needs so I can’t imagine that it will be significantly better...but I am excited to find out for sure once the next big software update (along the lines of Quantum when it came out) hits the servers.

Mostly the routing, but also bigger patches, and the future potential. And let's not forget the day I get it delivered to my house, that will be an exciting day.

I'm only guessing: but it seems the extensive cabinet modeling parameters might be the bees knees for me. In addition to the careful crafting of stereo fields, I expect it will be possible to create more extensive three dimensional effects. Its probably possible to do this now to some extent with the Axe FX II (I've got the AX8)

Imagine: You have a close miced and more distant miced cabinet and could morph between the two cabinets so that the first pick attack comes from the close miced cabinet, and then it sustains into the more distant miced cab. Attach a controller: Route it to multiple speakers to make it move in space. Not as convenient as slapping on delay and reverb, and who's to say how useful it would be or if it could create some unique ambience: but I would play in that sand box for a while: I can always go back to the comfort zone of reverbs and rotary effects.

I'm only guessing: but it seems the extensive cabinet modeling parameters might be the bees knees for me. In addition to the careful crafting of stereo fields, I expect it will be possible to create more extensive three dimensional effects. Its probably possible to do this now to some extent with the Axe FX II (I've got the AX8)

Imagine: You have a close miced and more distant miced cabinet and could morph between the two cabinets so that the first pick attack comes from the close miced cabinet, and then it sustains into the more distant miced cab. Attach a controller: Route it to multiple speakers to make it move in space. Not as convenient as slapping on delay and reverb, and who's to say how useful it would be or if it could create some unique ambience: but I would play in that sand box for a while: I can always go back to the comfort zone of reverbs and rotary effects.

Why do you want mice in your cabinets?

I’m only three months into Fractal. I’m on the list for the III, and I’m going to keep the XL+. So what has me most excited? Of course, all things new and improved. But the most functional improvement for me appears to be the new FC units. Maybe this sounds dumb to everyone, but the the footswitch spacing will be a godsend. Soft labels and color-coding are a bonus. I perform live, and one must be mindfully foot-precise with the MFC!

- I will be able to make all-in-one presets
- The expanded i/o and 8+8chan audio interface will make my UR824 obsolete and make my home setup a lot more streamlined :)

Block Channels - equates to pretty much 8 totally different rigs per patch. Giggity.

Also:

- 16 Drive channels (4 simultaneous drive pedals on the grid with 4 channels each) per patch for more complete "virtual pedal board" options
- Improved Quick Control knob layout
- XLR inputs for live vocal effects
- 2 FX loops (or 3 if you have effects with XLR outs)
- Thousands of built-in IRs

Wait... so I could have 2 stereo FX loops AND 2 stereo outputs???

For me, it's (in no particular order)....
  1. Multiple channels
  2. More blocks crammed into one preset without hitting CPU limit
  3. Footcontroller flexibility (especially not having the Program Up/Down buttons in a place where I might hit them accidentally!)
  4. Smarter MIDI implementation, hopefully including easier time-synching with outboard gear
  5. Possibly experimenting with fading some nice overdrive pedals in and out via FX Loops
  6. The one Axe-FX III will be much lighter than the 2 Axe-FX II's I'm currently carting around to achieve the same goals
Those are all biggies for me.

Im looking forward to giving Fractal some $$$ after all these years of free updates. I don't need the III but by god I'm getting one just to keep these guys going :)
Oh - also, I was going to get an STT-Origin pre to fill up a couple of rack spaces....now I don't have to because the III will take one of the spare slots - Saved thousands! :)
But seriously - It's been a great ride and I'm not willing to get off.
Thanks
Pauly

I know the modeling is slightly better but I’ve been finding amazing amp sounds easily since the inclusion of the speaker comp parameter on the II.

I’m super excited about the effects upgrades:
8 Plex delays
Tri chorus
4 voices per pitch block
Denser reverbs
Improved pitch tracking
Envelope built into some effects

Channels and the new fc 6/12 controllers also look amazing!

Owning a Fractal product :D
I haven't even heard one in person, but I trust it will blow me away. I was extremely bummed when I missed the sale on the Fx II and AX8, because I've wanted one for years. Now I'm thankful, because I'm ready to pull the trigger as soon as my turn on the waitlist comes up.

Compared to older models, I like that it has channels, extra cpu (even if I don't know exactly what that will entail for the unit vs older ones), a more intuitive panel (even though I will be using the pc software more than anything, you never know what situations you may get into where quick tweaks are needed) and upgraded pitch shift. I may have yet to experience what the older units can do, but I feel like it's a safe bet to invest in the Fx III, since I'm prone to wondering how much I'm missing out on when I settle.

Welcome BitesizedCrayons,
You're gonna love this thing. I've always said that the only regret I have in regard to the Fractal products, is that I took so long to finally spend the money! You'll also find the majority of forum posts helpful, civil, and some of'em downright funny.

Thanks
Pauly

Owning a Fractal product :D
I haven't even heard one in person, but I trust it will blow me away. I was extremely bummed when I missed the sale on the Fx II and AX8, because I've wanted one for years. Now I'm thankful, because I'm ready to pull the trigger as soon as my turn on the waitlist comes up.

Compared to older models, I like that it has channels, extra cpu (even if I don't know exactly what that will entail for the unit vs older ones), a more intuitive panel (even though I will be using the pc software more than anything, you never know what situations you may get into where quick tweaks are needed) and upgraded pitch shift. I may have yet to experience what the older units can do, but I feel like it's a safe bet to invest in the Fx III, since I'm prone to wondering how much I'm missing out on when I settle.

More horsepower.....:cool:
8 scene controllers.......:eek:
This ! 8 scenes controller = dream come true. Specially for synth pads
plus instant switching, 4 channels, improved pitch shifting and tonematch block, mixer (with constant level à la Cab-Lab) for 4 IRs in the cab block…
So much horsepower and 4 channels per block also implies that I'll cover my intensive needs with much less presets

Most excited about:
For me ,
... getting all the features that aren't available on the AX8.
- knowing that I will have the ability to create patches and presets like never before possible , with unparalleled quality.

It blows my mind , that this unit is so powerful and so well designed , that a single preset could potentially contain everything I would want to use.
-The new FCs look like the cat's meow. Really well done. Might end up with one of each.

Lastly , the price. ( Believe it or not ) Like most guys around here , I've spent more than a few - hard earned dollars on equipment over the years.
Knowing SOME of what the III has to offer , I really would expect to pay more than the price FAS has set for ; what is undoubtedly , the most powerful guitar processor on the planet.

Back
Top Bottom