More!

I want more amps and effects but less weight and a smaller rack to lug around. I want a compact monitoring system with the sound of a huge stereo monitoring system. I want more functions and control but less rig to carry.

So more or less, I want more and less :p

More presets
More amp blocks
More amp types
More scenes
More channels
More effects
More IRs
More CPU
More FC switches
More modifiers

We want a lot!

But to be fair. Through the years there has been a lot of request that were first deemed "not gonna happen" ... that eventually happened. And I think every parameter that you have listed has been "bumped up" more than once through the history of Fractal hard- and firmware.

When you spoil people you get spoiled people. ;)

Demand vs request. I can tell you that I also get a lot of these requests/demands and sure there are moments when I'm not sure which ones they are but ultimately I try to take it all as people trying to help me out somehow.

"You should do this cabinet that's super rare and no one has ever heard of!" / "You should get this mic that's super rare and no one has ever used with guitar cabs." / "You should place the microphones the way I want them to be places because placing them with eyes is better."

Whether these are good ideas or not, these people are think they are good ideas and it's good to know your "customers" so the high road is thinking that it's all feedback and it's always positive. Demanding stuff is where things get weird. F.ex. in the other modelers camps people are demanding more firmware updates because "Fractal guys get them all the time". :D

I get that you are trying to mock recent requests that are....let's say....less than polite.

But I honestly don't see anything wrong with requesting more things. FAS can simply say no. Or maybe the voices have enough volume that FAS responds to them as they have done countless times.
There's been a few threads lately where they have said 'no' (actually I really haven't seen a definitive "no", FAS usually figures out how to do most anything) and it becomes a long discussion of how FAS doesn't care or the originator of the request doesn't understand why it's so difficult and they know how easy it would be. Chris has been at the center of some of these and I can see why he's a bit on the less understanding, prickly side right now.

Chris is having a bit of fun here I think...but he can get his Irish up at times!

Don't forget that FAS listens to us. If the request is reasonable, and within technical reach, it will possibly be provided...IN TIME. (This may or may not work out on certain forum members schedule.) We're also able to provide cool new ideas that have a very real chance of being realized.

I think Chris' point is when the answer is 'no', some will persist to the point of...annoying (I'm being polite here since I've had to lock threads because some just cannot let it go.)

We have an amazing amount of power to participate...but it does get abused fairly frequently.

Cheers.

R

More Fas products!
I want a powered axe FX 3, or an Axe FX 3 floor unit.
How about an Axe FX 3 mini: A 1U rack Axe FX, mainly controllable through a tablet or phone, with only a few knobs on the front panel for main Amp controls? :)
Howbout an Axe FX 3 mini floor board? Like the Helix HX stomp.

More simultaneous amp blocks is what i def get, But seriously, why would people need more preset and cab slots? We already have more than I have any idea what to do with. And even if i did ran out of space (Which will never happen), I can just save the unused ones on my PC...

...But seriously, why would people need more preset and cab slots? We already have more than I have any idea what to do with. And even if i did ran out of space (Which will never happen), I can just save the unused ones on my PC...

I'm good on cab slots, but I could easily use more preset slots. This is especially true if I want to store presets in setlist order, and be able to save multiple shows worth of lists. We use different lists for different shows, depending on the audience, venue, season, etc. I realize I can offload things onto my PC, but I don't always have a PC hooked up to my Axe-Fx III between gigs. I also like keeping a good assortment of the factory presets on hand for reference, or to quickly show others some of the capabilities this magic black box has. The XL+ spoiled me by having twice as many preset slots as the III.

tl/dr: Your use case doesn't necessarily match that of other people.

Demand vs request. I can tell you that I also get a lot of these requests/demands and sure there are moments when I'm not sure which ones they are but ultimately I try to take it all as people trying to help me out somehow.

"You should do this cabinet that's super rare and no one has ever heard of!" / "You should get this mic that's super rare and no one has ever used with guitar cabs." / "You should place the microphones the way I want them to be places because placing them with eyes is better."

Whether these are good ideas or not, these people are think they are good ideas and it's good to know your "customers" so the high road is thinking that it's all feedback and it's always positive. Demanding stuff is where things get weird. F.ex. in the other modelers camps people are demanding more firmware updates because "Fractal guys get them all the time". :D
Yes, I have been there too with some of these requests.

Also, I get, "you should buy a Kemper and make profiles too!"

I always respond with, "That market is way too crowded and I am not sure if I really could bring anything unique to that type of thing versus the people already doing it. But if you have a Kemper laying around that you are willing to ship to me, I will take a test run at making some profiles."

No one ever takes me up on the offer. It would be great to able to explore every business opportunity, but with limited amounts of me and money, that's just not possible.

Back
Top Bottom