More!

Hey now, let’s not forget the people who want less!

Less knobs (because mids take away from the experience of working with the amp) and less amp models and IR’s becasue there are too many to sort through. Remember the thread about style specific FW ? Lol

Load up the “metal” firmware and it’s nothing but heavy amps and maybe a JC120, nothing else, becasue it just gets on the way. Don’t make me have to skip over those darn Fender models, I just want to rock man!

Human nature! Lifelong, we are in constant acquisition mode. Some necessary, some not, sometimes we don't know the difference, sometimes we pretend not to know the difference and sometimes we do know. We do need to count our blessings more often.

I believe it's good to desire things, ask for things, work for things. It's even better to give things, even a sincere thank you can be huge. ;)

Must admit that when researching the Axe III, it was surprising to hear some users complaining about the lack of enough CPU!

Must admit that when researching the Axe III, it was surprising to hear some users complaining about the lack of enough CPU!

Is “enough CPU” a thing?

This reminds me how a few years ago when somebody wished Axe-FX had more powerful DSPs a bunch of people were ridiculing the idea, with the same type of “arguments” as in this thread. Now of course we are all praising the III’s power like nothing happened.

Human nature! Lifelong, we are in constant acquisition mode. Some necessary, some not, sometimes we don't know the difference, sometimes we pretend not to know the difference and sometimes we do know. We do need to count our blessings more often.

I believe it's good to desire things, ask for things, work for things. It's even better to give things, even a sincere thank you can be huge. ;)

I believe it’s cultural conditioning of consumption and production and actually counter to true human nature.

The more/faster/cheaper mentality is ultimately self defeating.

Couldn’t agree more that giving is the answer.

Perhaps the philosophy of “more” should be called “Yngwieism”?:)

Yes! I’m a troll. Finally after 10 years someone figured it out.

Hmm. I think the point of the thread was missed. But at least I’m a troll!

Is this a hint of what’s to come for the AX8 or a social judgement? I’m hoping it’s the first but suspect we’re being trolled. But we’re numb to it now so it doesn’t have the same effect as it would say you posted this two months ago

I think one can hardly lump someone like Chris in with those individuals who create an account here for the sole purpose of causing disruption, pointing out feature limitations etc, and think it’s a bit disrespectful to imply that towards someone whom any “regular” here knows well. I mean come, 10,000+ posts over years and all for the endgame of being a troll? Yeah......

Fact is, there has been a big wave of entitlement and some absurd request. I mean heck, Cliff is busting his butt after hours to fix a bug and yet there are folks who feel entitled to 100% flawless updates and critize FAS for the firmware update approach.

Update the FW on a discontinued II, and hours later someone is already asking “why didn’t it also include ______ feature”

It’s just never ending, and perhaps human nature, but there is nothing out of line with pointing that out as well, and perhaps making some people step back and consider how much they have gotten. Doesn’t mean one can’t ask or hope for “more” but we shouldn’t get so consumed with what we don’t have that we can’t enjoy the features we do have.

I think one can hardly lump someone like Chris in with those individuals who create an account here for the sole purpose of causing disruption, pointing out feature limitations etc, and think it’s a bit disrespectful to imply that towards someone whom any “regular” here knows well. I mean come, 10,000+ posts over years and all for the endgame of being a troll? Yeah......

Fact is, there has been a big wave of entitlement and some absurd request. I mean heck, Cliff is busting his butt after hours to fix a bug and yet there are folks who feel entitled to 100% flawless updates and critize FAS for the firmware update approach.

Update the FW on a discontinued II, and hours later someone is already asking “why didn’t it also include ______ feature”

It’s just never ending, and perhaps human nature, but there is nothing out of line with pointing that out as well, and perhaps making some people step back and consider how much they have gotten. Doesn’t mean one can’t ask or hope for “more” but we shouldn’t get so consumed with what we don’t have that we can’t enjoy the features we do have.
Yes.

I get that you are trying to mock recent requests that are....let's say....less than polite.

But I honestly don't see anything wrong with requesting more things. FAS can simply say no. Or maybe the voices have enough volume that FAS responds to them as they have done countless times.

Back
Top Bottom