More Scene controller Tips

But in my case I used it to adjust the length parmeter of a reverb block and that became too much for the CPU. I got away with much less CPU resources by using XY to switch between two set values of the reverb length.

strange, so an XY for a setting of 2 seconds and 15 seconds (for example) uses less resources than using the SC to go between 2 and 15 seconds?

Adding a controller/modifier of any sort will increase CPU usage if I'm not mistaken. I don't know how much a scene controller would add though, or whether attaching one scene controller to multiple parameters would have additional impact (I suppose it does). But I did run into CPU limits for one or two presets as well where I'm now looking for some alternatives to save CPU. Seemless switching comes with its own cost it seems. :)

Well, not in general. But in my case I used it to adjust the length parmeter of a reverb block and that became too much for the CPU. I got away with much less CPU resources by using XY to switch between two set values of the reverb length.

BTW, I'm using the Spring Reverb, isn't it lovely! A long and dark spring reverb coming back through a flanger block into a multi band compressor, wow!

Patch?

(sorry to resurrect an old thread - I'm stuck on this)

I use an external pedal (plugged into my MFC) to change between scenes 1-4. I typically attach pedals to this to group changes together.

Now I want to be able to switch an amp param on/off (EG boost) while also changing pedals. Is it possible to toggle this value with my scene switches or am I confusing two different types of scenes?

Each scene can have different values for each of the 2 scene controllers.

Since I think the boost switch is assignable, then the answer would be yes.

I've been putting off learning scene controllers until I was ready- just reading about it right now for the first time and the light bulbs going off big time!!!

Bump for a great thread and my anticipation for playing with this. Right now I make extensive use of scenes with different X/Y settings between scenes, and fixing the audio gaps is a major benefit I look forward to. The ramping/cross-fade thing may be pretty cool too.

Hmm. I hope eventually, you can go to a scene, change knobs, and click save. All this modifier stuff seems like a pretty learning curve.
Me too. That would be the absolute shizzle if that happens! However, if they introduce more scene controllers and if you had the option to control each bass, mid, treble etc, etc.. Then you would have even more power over your preset and scenes.

I'm eager to learn more. I read you first post and was wondering how this would be different to what I do in this video. Tell me more...

you do realise that all this functionality is now going to be so deeply embedded into my config that it is now not possible for me to jump ship to another fx unit no matter how good it sounds…

modifiers
scenes
scenes controllers

I'm convinced that I'm now locked-in to FAS and the Axe-II [and whatever follows]

I can't use real amps… can't use any other fx unit..
there is just nowhere else to go…
FAS for life..

and so... through the summer of 2017 I had a Helix to mess with
a pal loaned me one for about 6 weeks just to try out..
I looked into it wholeheartedly and tried to get the absolute best out of it that I could
not with any plans to jump ship, but simply to find out if it was as capable as everyone said it was..

the outcome is that my quoted comment above from 2013 still stands..

Back
Top Bottom