1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish More options for Series/parallel

Discussion in 'FX8 Wish List' started by Diego48, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Diego48

Diego48
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Let's say I have effect 1 and effect 2 in parallel, and I want to put effect 3 in series only with effect 2.
    In general, when we have 2 fx in parallel we should be able to put next one in series with first, second or both.

silk likes this.
  2. philipacamaniac

philipacamaniac
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

At that point, it might as well have the full grid. Which wouldn't be a bad thing. Since the AX8 has the full grid, we may see FX8 get it in an upgrade. The current limited series-or-parallel design was very intentional based on the target demographic, but I think it's too limiting, IMHO.

Diego48 likes this.
  3. brads4

brads4
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I agree. I read that they share the same code base (AX8, FX8) so I suspect we get the matrix as well in the next update.

4. eric_

eric_
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I just recently realised that this isn't possible with the FX8. I only really started getting into delays in the last couple of months and was surprised and disappointed to see I couldn't add effects in series to a parallel path. Also surprised to see this isn't a more requested feature here. I'd imagine this is a deal-breaker for many ambient-style guitarists?

Matt Minaj likes this.
  5. Budda

Budda
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

It's not a deal breaker for me, but +1 to the idea. I too discovered it when hoping to chain up a delay/reverb/delay in a different way.