Wish More options for Series/parallel

Diego48

Let's say I have effect 1 and effect 2 in parallel, and I want to put effect 3 in series only with effect 2.
In general, when we have 2 fx in parallel we should be able to put next one in series with first, second or both.

At that point, it might as well have the full grid. Which wouldn't be a bad thing. Since the AX8 has the full grid, we may see FX8 get it in an upgrade. The current limited series-or-parallel design was very intentional based on the target demographic, but I think it's too limiting, IMHO.

I agree. I read that they share the same code base (AX8, FX8) so I suspect we get the matrix as well in the next update.

Let's say I have effect 1 and effect 2 in parallel, and I want to put effect 3 in series only with effect 2.
In general, when we have 2 fx in parallel we should be able to put next one in series with first, second or both.

I just recently realised that this isn't possible with the FX8. I only really started getting into delays in the last couple of months and was surprised and disappointed to see I couldn't add effects in series to a parallel path. Also surprised to see this isn't a more requested feature here. I'd imagine this is a deal-breaker for many ambient-style guitarists?

I just recently realised that this isn't possible with the FX8. I only really started getting into delays in the last couple of months and was surprised and disappointed to see I couldn't add effects in series to a parallel path. Also surprised to see this isn't a more requested feature here. I'd imagine this is a deal-breaker for many ambient-style guitarists?

It's not a deal breaker for me, but +1 to the idea. I too discovered it when hoping to chain up a delay/reverb/delay in a different way.

Back
Top Bottom