DM Delay
Echoplex Delay
Memory Man Delay
Space Echo Delay
Tel Ray Delay
Tube Tape Delay
Nice Tape Delay

Delay Blocks

i used the eq curves that we had knocking around when trying to emulate tape delays with the ultra. i tweaked them and used the Soundtoys Echoboy as a reference. it's a fantastic delay plugin and has emulations of all the classic delays. all these delays use the mono tape delay type.

the "nice tape delay" is just something i came up with while tweaking...it's a kinda nice ambient stereo thing (and uses phase reverse, so turn that off if you're using it in mono)

unzip the archive and drop the blk files into your "delay" folder in your blocks library. if you don't have a delay folder, then just make one.

Great Simeon , many thanks for sharing these !!
I'll Give it a try as soon as possible !!
Sure they're great as always :)

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you for this! Really like the Binsonette.
Is there a reason you used the mono tape delay instead of analog delay for the Memory man emulation?

Also liking the 'nice tape delay'. When you play a short chord or note with this one I can hear some digital sounding hollowness in the repeats when they die out. Any idea what is causing this?

Last edited:
Thank you for this! Really like the Binsonette.
Is there a reason you used the mono tape delay instead of analog delay for the Memory man emulation?

Also liking the 'nice tape delay'. When you play a short chord or note with this one I can hear some digital sounding hollowness in the repeats when they die out. Any idea what is causing this?

i should have used the analog delay for the memory man, shouldn't i...just didn't think. i was trying to make the kids their dinner when i did this, so i probably wasn't thinking too clearly!

as for the digital harshness...check the drive and also the diffusion parameters...give them a twiddle and see if it helps....

to be honest, a lot of these would be too dark sounding for me and also too mono, but they're fairly authentic. i did also try and match the diffusion and drive as well as the eq.

as for the digital harshness...check the drive and also the diffusion parameters...give them a twiddle and see if it helps....

Yes, already tried this and also checked the phase reverse. I am not sure where this 'hollowness' in the repeats is coming from. This hollowness when the repeats fade out sounds digital and not like an analog or tape delay. I hear this sometimes with other delays in the Axe as well. It might be some (changed) setting that I am not aware of. Any one here is hearing this hollowness too? To check play a short chord with the 'nice tape delay' and listen carefully to the repeats.

Last edited:

change head 2 ratio to 100%

change head 2 ratio to 100%

Thanks. I think that is it! both the Echoplex and the Nice Tape delay had this hollow sound. And both had the head 2 set to 99% or so. Setting got rid of the more metallic/hollow sounding repeats.
Thanks again for you delay blocks!

I 'm hoping someone can help me (maybe I'm missing something). I didn't think you could copy "blk" files to the the "Axe-Edit\blocks\Delay" folder. The Axe-FX II Wiki says you cannot do this manually because Axe-Edit renames them with a datestamp and also carries out a checksum.

I couldn't see how else to do it so I copied the "blk" files to my "My Documents\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\blocks\Delay" folder but they did not appear in Axe-Edit or on the Axe-Fx.

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks

I 'm hoping someone can help me (maybe I'm missing something). I didn't think you could copy "blk" files to the the "Axe-Edit\blocks\Delay" folder. The Axe-FX II Wiki says you cannot do this manually because Axe-Edit renames them with a datestamp and also carries out a checksum.

I couldn't see how else to do it so I copied the "blk" files to my "My Documents\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\blocks\Delay" folder but they did not appear in Axe-Edit or on the Axe-Fx.

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks

Try restarting Axe-Edit. You should see them in your Delay library if you copied them to the correct directory.

Back
Top Bottom