ML Sound Lab Cab Pack 19 Helmet cover

shaunb

Experienced

Here's a recording I threw together to test out the soon to be released Cab Pack 19 Bulb Angle Citrus from ML Sound Lab.

It's my favourite song from my all time favourite band.

Amp: Brit Pre
Rhythm guitars IR: ML Citrus 4x12 SM57-M160 01
Lead and overlays: ML Citrus 4x12 SM57-MD421 03
Bass IR: ML SV Bass Mix 01 from Cab Pack 11

This is the song "Milquetoast" from the band Helmet off their 1994 album "Betty". A remix of this song also featured on The Crow soundtrack.
I wasn't trying to replicate the guitar tones from the record, just playing with some sounds that I liked. Although, I did attempt to get close to the bass tone as it is such a signature of the Helmet sound especially in this song where the drums and bass get a lot of focus.

Also my favorite Helmet song. Great work! I think the bass could use a bit of hair, but otherwise it was pretty spot on. With vocals over the top it would be hard to hear any differences, other than this sounding like it was produced with a higher budget. :)

Ah this was the one you kept me hanging! I know this one hahahaha, really nice! Guitars fit in really well!

It's pretty much my favourite song along with "Unsung" off their Meantime album.

I like this citrus cab, it seems to sit well in a mix. No post processing on these track either.

Also my favorite Helmet song. Great work! I think the bass could use a bit of hair, but otherwise it was pretty spot on. With vocals over the top it would be hard to hear any differences, other than this sounding like it was produced with a higher budget. :)
Cheers Hellbat.
I agree about the bass, needs a little bit more dirt on it. I found that I lost a bit of the tone when I drove it a bit harder, I'll have more of a play with it to try and figure out the tone a bit more and maybe re-do the bass if I post a version with vocals.

Back
Top Bottom