ML Metallica IIC++ Preset (Quantum 3.03)

wow just wow !! i just downloaded the preset had a 10-15 mins play and it sounds amazing !! tried it with both JH EMG and / EMG 81/60 pickups and its really sound fantastic on both guitars !! thanks a lot Mikko \m/

Are you sure? I thought that they used the Traditional one, just as Petrucci does. And Metallica uses pretty much basic Marshall 4x12" with V30 alot too. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

-Jummi
I might definitely be wrong. I read it on the internet so it's most likely not true. :)

wow just wow !! i just downloaded the preset had a 10-15 mins play and it sounds amazing !! tried it with both JH EMG and / EMG 81/60 pickups and its really sound fantastic on both guitars !! thanks a lot Mikko \m/
Wow that's good to hear that it also performs great with EMGs. Honestly I've never played a guitar with active pickups. :) This makes me extremely happy to hear.

That's awesome! Also those factory cabs that I used for this preset are shot from the Traditional 4x12 Mesa cab. The one Metallica uses is the bigger Oversize one that I used for Cab Pack 13. The difference is actually surprisingly big. iPhone clip will definitely suffice! :)
Hi Mikko. I was just checking out Cab Pack 13 at the FAS site and in the description it said that the IRs in the pack were from a standard Mesa 4x12. Although you stated in your post that it was an oversized 4x12. Just wondering which one you really used?

Oh, ok. Thanks. I just downloaded Cab Pack 13. Gonna spent the evening checking it out.
That's awesome. :) It's a really good pack and I'm not afraid to say it myself. The "Alloy Aces" folder is pretty much all I use and that itself covers pretty much all of my metal needs on a rainy day.

I was pretty shocked at the accuracy of the Sandman tone. I have been listening to that track since the day it came out. It's the first time I actually thought Wow, that is pretty spot on. Great job Mikko.

That's awesome. :) It's a really good pack and I'm not afraid to say it myself. The "Alloy Aces" folder is pretty much all I use and that itself covers pretty much all of my metal needs on a rainy day.
OMG!!!! Pack 13 is UNREAL!!! This is exactly what I needed! Is Cab Pack 11 (SVT 410) just as impressive? I play bass too.

Just bought Cab Pack 13 myself just for the cab for this Metallica patch. Love me some V30's.
Maybe an uninteresting fact but the V30s in these older Mesa cabs that I use are very different than a regular V30. Their brightness is similar to a Pre-Rola Marshall Greenback to be honest. :) Cab Pack 13 has been one of those packs that everyone seems to really love including myself. :)

Maybe an uninteresting fact but the V30s in these older Mesa cabs that I use are very different than a regular V30. Their brightness is similar to a Pre-Rola Marshall Greenback to be honest. :) Cab Pack 13 has been one of those packs that everyone seems to really love including myself. :)
I have always felt the same way. I have older v30's made in the uk and newer models and the older v30's just have a sweeter high end. The new one's seem harsh to me, which translates into a lot of the ir's I have heard. I use the gt-65's a LOT these days, they just seem to have more balls, and a more even tone, across the spectrum. Have you done any creambacks Mikko? I would be on that. You really shoot some killer IR's, just as good and better, than any of the competition out there. Keep up the good work.

I have always felt the same way. I have older v30's made in the uk and newer models and the older v30's just have a sweeter high end. The new one's seem harsh to me, which translates into a lot of the ir's I have heard. I use the gt-65's a LOT these days, they just seem to have more balls, and a more even tone, across the spectrum. Have you done any creambacks Mikko? I would be on that. You really shoot some killer IR's, just as good and better, than any of the competition out there. Keep up the good work.
The new Zilla pack will have three different type of Creambacks. :)

Thanks a lot for this preset, very fine tuned.
I had some plug and play pleasure trying it on various met songs
Thanks again :)

Thanks a lot for this preset, very fine tuned.
I had some plug and play pleasure trying it on various met songs
Thanks again :)
That's great! How did it sound on all those different guitars? Did the gain or EQ balance change much? :)

Back
Top Bottom