ML Metallica IIC++ Preset (Quantum 3.03)

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
I received multiple requests for posting my Enter Sandman preset from this video:

Also some people who do not have Cab Pack 13 asked for stock IR alternatives so I re-created the preset with stock IR's. It's not as close to the real thing as with the Cab Pack 13 ML USA Bulb SM57-SM57 01 IR but it's definitely great in a mix and fun to play with. :) If you feel like you're getting a lot of flub with your guitar there's also an optional EQ block that should tighten a pumping resonance in the low mids. Personally I can do without it but it's there if someone needs it. I used a "regular" guitar (Gibson Les Paul Standard) for this so everyone should be able to enjoy this without the EMG pickups.

Have fun and please let me know how it sounds! Clips are definitely welcome. :)

Attachments

• ML Metallica IIC++.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 648
Thanx again Mikko! Ill try it tonight and compare to the preset I already had made from your video settings!! Since I am using the FXLOOP, because I run it Stereo through a Matrix GT800FX into a Mesa Traditional 4X12 for my ears, I use either the Cab Pack IR from Generation which I bought from you, or the stock F108 Petrucci Cab to run to the Console which do not sound too far off either! I obviously try to make the Console mix sound just like my Cab sound!

hey thanks man.. this is the closest i've heard on my axe-fx to metallica until now.. and Im playing a LP Std. as you do.. and of course thank you Cliff for your endless work!

Thanx again Mikko! Ill try it tonight and compare to the preset I already had made from your video settings!! Since I am using the FXLOOP, because I run it Stereo through a Matrix GT800FX into a Mesa Traditional 4X12 for my ears, I use either the Cab Pack IR from Generation which I bought from you, or the stock F108 Petrucci Cab to run to the Console which do not sound too far off either! I obviously try to make the Console mix sound just like my Cab sound!
That's awesome! Also those factory cabs that I used for this preset are shot from the Traditional 4x12 Mesa cab. The one Metallica uses is the bigger Oversize one that I used for Cab Pack 13. The difference is actually surprisingly big. iPhone clip will definitely suffice! :)

Mikko, Here's a Vid of your MESA MKIIC++ Preset recorded via my IPad.

Signal Chain is: Axe FX II direct to Behringer Xenyx X1222USB feeding two stereo Peavey PV115D. I added the T808 OD in front of the amp with 0 Drive, 5 Tone, 100% Mix, and 5 Level. I also changed the Low Res Freq to 106.0Hz added the Enhancer in Stereo, a Reverb at 100% wide, the FXLOOP and the Cab is at the end of the chain!

I received multiple requests for posting my Enter Sandman preset from this video:

Also some people who do not have Cab Pack 13 asked for stock IR alternatives so I re-created the preset with stock IR's. It's not as close to the real thing as with the Cab Pack 13 ML USA Bulb SM57-SM57 01 IR but it's definitely great in a mix and fun to play with. :) If you feel like you're getting a lot of flub with your guitar there's also an optional EQ block that should tighten a pumping resonance in the low mids. Personally I can do without it but it's there if someone needs it. I used a "regular" guitar (Gibson Les Paul Standard) for this so everyone should be able to enjoy this without the EMG pickups.

Have fun and please let me know how it sounds! Clips are definitely welcome. :)

Hey Mikko, great sound! In the mix you demo on the video, did you change the low end or anything, or leave it straight preset out?

Mikko, Here's the same Preset Vid of your MESA MKIIC++ Preset recorded via my IPad but thru the MatrixGT800FX and MESA Cab..

Signal Chain is: Axe FX II to Matrix GT800FX to MESA Traditional 4x12 Cabinet with V30s. I added the T808 OD in front of the amp with 0 Drive, 5 Tone, 100% Mix, and 5 Level. I also changed the Low Res Freq to 106.0Hz added the Enhancer in Stereo, a Reverb at 100% wide, the FXLOOP and the Cab is at the end of the chain!

Big thanks Mikko!
F73 and F74 are great choices, I was tweaking yesterday and found that F128 (Cali mix) and F108 (Petrucci mix) gives a nice chugga chugga hahaha!
Lots of fun!

Hey Mikko, great sound! In the mix you demo on the video, did you change the low end or anything, or leave it straight preset out?
There's no post processing on the tracks so it's raw just like it sounds. :) It would probably sound even tighter with a low cut.

Big thanks Mikko!
F73 and F74 are great choices, I was tweaking yesterday and found that F128 (Cali mix) and F108 (Petrucci mix) gives a nice chugga chugga hahaha!
Lots of fun!
Oh definitely! Mesa IR's are usually all pretty damn chugga chugga. ;)

@FlavAnderson both clips sounded tight. The real cab version obviously is more pleasing as it's a real cab miked with a phone rather than a miked signal miked with a phone. I like how they both sound. Keep it up!! :)

Back
Top Bottom