MKIIC+ post tone location...

shotgunn

Fractal Fanatic
Why does the volume drop so much when I put the tone stack at the end or post? This did not happen in my Ultra?

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

I understand that would be the case in a 'real' amp, but this did not happen in my Ultra. I don't understand why this would happen in the II. I'm kind of dissappointed about this.

Isn't that contrary to the logic of high gain amps for version 3.xx? I had the master set at around 2.5 with the tonestack set for pre and it was sounding great. If I turn up the master will it drive the power amp more? Or will it just get me back to the same level and not affect my tone (just volume) with the tonestack set for post. I hope that thought makes sense.

Just out of curiosity what is the difference in the Axe II's IIC+ and the Ultra's IIC+? I did not have to turn up the Master when I used a Post Tonestack in my Ultra. Is it possible we can fix this? I'd like to audition the different tonestack locations without having to drastically adjust the master. This could lead to damaged hearing and/or speakers if I should happen to forget this one day.

Turn up the Master to compensate.

Back
Top Bottom