Wish Mix Control in Filter Block

VegaBaby

Fractal Fanatic
would be great to have a simple dry/wet mix control (as in most other blocks) in the Filter block.
a feature that can be found in most modern synths, that can be very powerful especially when using more extreme filter types such as Bandpass etc., which can then be blend with the dry signal for more subtle textures...

+1 Especially.....now that the filter block has the LFO built into it; it is or can be more easily used as much as an "effect" block ::: please, please, please. I am using it as a filter sweep (fx), and I want to be able to (most easily) control the wet/dry mix

I made an account just to ask for this! The mix feature is very useful on my Moog Low Pass filter. Was a bit bummed to not see a mix feature on the mix page.

Thanks.

A lowpass with mix is a lowshelf.
I'm probably ignorant, but I thought a lowpass filter had infinitely increasing rolloff below EDIT: above the cutoff frequency, where a low shelf in cut mode eventually flattened out. Am I missing that those are equivalent when there's a mix control?

Last edited:
I'm probably ignorant, but I thought a lowpass filter had infinitely increasing rolloff below the cutoff frequency
That's a highpass.

A lowpass with "direct" signal mixed in is a lowshelf. A highpass with direct signal mixed in is a highshelf. In fact in the analog domain that's a common way of making low/high shelf filters.

It's intuitive as well. Take the direct signal and add/subtract some lowpass filtered signal. Now you have a bass boost/cut, i.e. lowshelf.

That's a highpass.
Yes of course, I misspoke. It's been a long week...

A lowpass with "direct" signal mixed in is a lowshelf. A highpass with direct signal mixed in is a highshelf. In fact in the analog domain that's a common way of making low/high shelf filters.

It's intuitive as well. Take the direct signal and add/subtract some lowpass filtered signal. Now you have a bass boost/cut, i.e. lowshelf.
Hmmm, I guess that's true, hadn't thought about it that way.

FWIW the Lowshelf2 and Highself2 types are "analog" types and derived using "k + low/high pass".

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
I could really use a "mix" knob on the filter block today!

I'm trying to map a single external midi control to two different effects, Filter frequency and Rotary speed.
I'd like to control the filter in scene 1 and the Rotary in scene 2, and both of them use the auto engage feature.
The rotary block provides a mix knob, making it easy to set it dry in one channel.
However the Filter and Wah blocks don't have a Mix, so I'll need to find a different way to
prevent them from turning on in scene 2.
(I've already used all 4 mix blocks, it's a big preset.)

Edit: I was able to make this work by setting the filter modifier specific to one channel.
A Mix knob would make this easy though.
And it would allow the modifier curves to be applied to the wet /dry filter setting.
This way the filter isn't On or Off, but it can be slowly mixed in with the external control.
Sure you can do this with a Mix block, but I think it would be great to have it built into the Filter and Wah blocks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom