Missing amps in my AXE FX II

yngwie1993

Inspired
Hi,this is my first post on this forum,i've just grab a second hand Axe Fx II and so far i'm pretty happy,the only concern i have is that i'm missing amps after installaling the latest firmware and all the banks a/b/c
I cannot see the JS410 ,the 5153 50 watts etc...is there any way to do a fresh installation?

I did the latest firmware update,then i've install all banks with fractl-bot,maybe i do something wrong,this is the first modleing system i own,thank's for your help:)

Did you refresh the parameters in Axe-Edit? I'm assuming when you say you "cannot see the" amps you mean in Axe-Edit.

From Axe-Edit: Settings > Preferences... and then select Refresh on the left side of the window and press the Refresh buttons for the Block Definitions and Axe-Edit will learn the amps from the AMP block.

Did you refresh the parameters in Axe-Edit? I'm assuming when you say you "cannot see the" amps you mean in Axe-Edit.

From Axe-Edit: Settings > Preferences... and then select Refresh on the left side of the window and press the Refresh buttons for the Block Definitions and Axe-Edit will learn the amps from the AMP block.
Thank's for your help,i already did that with no success,even when i scroll all the amps directly from the axe fx II in alphabetic order i dont see them,,,

Which amps are you missing? The model names are different from the actual amps. Also make sure you're looking at the list of models, not the presets.

In Axe-edit when you are on the amp block page click on the name of the amp in the lower left area and all of the amps should come up on the screen, you have to move the slider to see them all. Make sure that your firmware is up to date. It will say what firmware version you are on in the upper area of Axe-edit.

Those are presets. To see the amps you need to click on the amp block on the front panel or axe edit. The amp will be on the Type tab on the front panel and in the Effect Type box in Axe Edit

In Axe-edit when you are on the amp block page click on the name of the amp in the lower left area and all of the amps should come up on the screen, you have to move the slider to see them all. Make sure that your firmware is up to date. It will say what firmware version you are on in the upper area of Axe-edit.
ok,i've click on effect type and all the amps apear .under that window is the blocks library,when i go to take a look in the folder,the amp folder is empty?

the block library is a place for you to store your own edited block settings on your computer. it will be empty if you have not put any there. you need to go to the fractal website and down load the manual. there you will learn how to find amps and such.

Those are presets. To see the amps you need to click on the amp block on the front panel or axe edit. The amp will be on the Type tab on the front panel and in the Effect Type box in Axe Edit

This. Maybe watch one of the video's on how to select amps (NOT presets) via Axe edit? Axe-Edit is great, but check the front panel as a check on making sure what you see in edit is what is actually there.

ok,i've click on effect type and all the amps apear .under that window is the blocks library,when i go to take a look in the folder,the amp folder is empty?
They aren't in the library folder. Click on the amp block in the layout, then double click on the amp name in the window down in the lower area where you should see an amp name already and they will come up. Good luck.

the block library is a place for you to store your own edited block settings on your computer. it will be empty if you have not put any there. you need to go to the fractal website and down load the manual. there you will learn how to find amps and such.
Ok,thank's everybody for taking times helping me,i really appreciate,i realise the AXE FX II is a very complex machine,having tubes amps since 1980,i've got a lot to learn...

Since dialing in sounds takes time and can be fun yet tedious, I tend to keep saving things as I go and once I get things in stone
and know the patch is good to save I save it and then go to LIBRARY and save it in LIBRARY and name it where I can recall it..

Since I have alot of influences musically I thought why not save by Artist name and even song name and include the current firm ware
so I know what Firmware was used when I made it and I try to make sure to save that in Library each time..
I know its backed up in LIBRARY by artist name or song title even so its handy to be able to go back in and just drag and drop
a specific efx you already saved into a new patch your making..
Saves LOADS OF TIME. So if you make a patch and final proof it and store enter enter then you go into Library and name it as such
then you can back the entire system up internally through the front panel under utilities I believe...
bank a bank b bank c entire system I back all 3 up... right there internally first THEN back up to Fractal Bot.

When you go back and look in LIBRARY after you wade through all your musical influences and store them and save them by artist and song then its all alphabetical in order so it will surprise you when you do go back through and start looking at each efx and amp and cab saved..

I find thats real handy on building other patches and also I screen cap from axe edit on every section
and store that in a folder where I can locate it on desktop...

In case you update Firmware and upgrade and anything changes and it always does things are improving, then
you can say ok I need to look back at what I had things set at and have a quick look and set things right back to the EXACT same
and return to home..

Thats really nice to be able to do its saved my butt 100000000000 times..
I try to do this same routine so I know ok if catastrophic failure happens I have things backed
I have them screen capped and its backed too fractal bot and saved.

I was going to just eventually stop and print everything out for a book .
So I could grab a reference and flip through and have hard copy..

I back everything up before UPDATING to NEW FIRMWARE.
internally and to fractal bot ect.

And follow those rituals so I know I have it backed somewhere.

I learned on the front panel also and that discipline helped me alot also..
axe edit was out right about then also so it really helps..

its real real nice to be able to build new patches up and just drag and drop things
knocks off alot of time and you already know ha I got that done already..

See to me that then leaves just amp and cab blocks if all my efx are essentially done
I set up all my patches the same way also and just never strayed from how I was taught..

So you can essentially do the same and setup a template say in patch 384 or if you have xl 584 or what ever
and you can essentially setup efx in the same spaces both on mfc 101 and internally on your patch...

Then you just are essentially dropping in a new amp and new cab each patch..
You already have your efx saved in Library and you have them in same order
so you just have to RENAME the patch each time and save that too where ever you wish
patch 1 patch 2 ect.. from 384 to 1 2 3 4 ect

You can do that in axe edit So then essentially all your doing is RENAMING your Template each time and moving that out of 384
and into the new slot its going to be placed in and at that point its just choosing which amp and cab you want and if there are other efx say used in some patch you make up well you might change that on your template or make a 2nd template if you plan on using more of those.

You might want more then one TEMPLATE but I did that to force myself into the ritual habit of keeping my sanity and so far
its worked well for me...

I can tell you if you spend a month setting patches and then something glitched and you lost them all you would certainly
learn..

my teacher was very patient with me then he forced me to do it myself and read the manual like a mantra..

Im 5500 years old ive been chasing amps around tube and solid state since I was 17 years old still have a few tube amps.
The greatest investment ive made in myself to seek what inspires me is the axe fx...

I am a customer for life.....

Fantastic A PLUS technical support and never ending UPGRADES which just get better and better..

Is there a learning curve ? You bet you cant just jump in a Ferrari 512 boxer or fly the space shuttle without knowing
some things first..

I was fortunate to have found a great teacher who was within 100 miles of me to help me learn this and
Im still learning but that helped me so much. If your going to spend the time you should back EVERYTHING UP
save it as you go along and when its in stone store enter enter save each amp cab efx to LIBRARY back it internally bank a b and c and entire system back it all to fractal bot.

If your woody allen paranoid about losing anything patch wise screen cap it and print it.
I need to back it all to gig stick also just so I have a hard copy elsewhere then my machine.

Thats just insurance.... and that insurance actually pays off and you now know how it feels to loose something and wonder where it went you might get lucky and find it but if you follow the rituals I suggested you wont ever lose it again..

Failure is not an option

Tone is too important....

a really good way to familiarise yourself is to just watch videos of people creating patches on youtube

like this one...

Back
Top Bottom