MINI UTILITY NOT WORKING TO LOAD IRS

notalemming

Fractal Fanatic
How do you get the mini utility to load user IRs? I keep getting a time out message immediately after hitting send. It says "1 of 4 message timed out. It shows it's connected & it's the same USB cable I just used to back up my XL AND the III.
Axe FX III, v 1.05
Macbook Pro OS 10.12.6

Last edited:
I'm on a Mac, no drivers.
"No Driver is required for Mac OS X.
Connect the Axe-Fx III via USB and it will appear
in System Preferences and all audio/MIDI apps."

OK. I have PC and I needed to have the drivers before it linked otherwise I was getting a timeout as well. Working now as designed. The input and output show Axe-Fx III Midi In and Axe-Fx III Midi Out in their respective places.

Yes, they are .syx bank files. I thought that was the whole idea of this utility is to load multiple IRs at once instead of one at a time like Fractal Bot.

You can transfer multiple SYX files of individual cabs, but don’t think a bank file works....
Yes, they are .syx bank files. I thought that was the whole idea of this utility is to load multiple IRs at once instead of one at a time like Fractal Bot.

The Mini Utility is a tool to get us by until Axe-Edit III is ready.

I know but what is the difference between backing up 300 individual cabs & then loading them with this utility & loading them one at a time with Fractal bot?

I know but what is the difference between backing up 300 individual cabs & then loading them with this utility & loading them one at a time with Fractal bot?
Don’t have a III yet myself (come on 2:40 PST waitlist time... ), but I think the following should work...

1. Download and install the latest FracTool.
  2. Drag and drop a cab bank file on the magnifying glass icon in the main window.
  3. In the resulting window that pops up, click the “Bank” menu and select “Save to individual cabs” pick AxeFX III in the next dialog
  4. Create a new folder in the file dialog, hit the okay button
  5. Send that folder to the III using the mini utility

... would think that workflow should work and be fairly quick to try out, if it does work, consider sending AlGrenadine a few bucks donation to thank him for all his efforts

Last edited:

It doesn't support bank files. You can send an entire directory of individual IRs by dragging and dropping them.

It doesn't support bank files. You can send an entire directory of individual IRs by dragging and dropping them.

That's what I found out LOL! I did get Fractool to export the banks as individual cabs but haven't had a chance to load them to the III yet. In what order do they get loaded, alphabetical I hope! Thanks Cliff!!

Don’t have a III yet myself (come on 2:40 PST waitlist time... ), but I think the following should work...

1. Download and install the latest FracTool.
  2. Drag and drop a cab bank file on the magnifying glass icon in the main window.
  3. In the resulting window that pops up, click the “Bank” menu and select “Save to individual cabs” pick AxeFX III in the next dialog
  4. Create a new folder in the file dialog, hit the okay button
  5. Send that folder to the III using the mini utility

... would think that workflow should work and be fairly quick to try out, if it does work, consider sending AlGrenadine a few bucks donation to thank him for all his efforts

Thanks for the idea. I wasn't sure if Fractool had any III compatibility. I've donated in the past & will again!

Back
Top Bottom