Midi preset up / down question

ConstantM

Inspired
this seems like a question that could have been asked before but i havent found anything relevant on the forum so here it is:

i am using a midi controller and i would like to assign two buttons for preset up/down. i have assigned two cc's for preset increment/decrement but it only works in the allotted set of presets in the "preset inc/dec start" and "preset inc/dec end" values. i want to be able to go up and down starting from whichever preset i currently am at. how can i do this?

Have you tried setting Start and End to cover the entire range of presets?

Have you tried setting Start and End to cover the entire range of presets?
yes it does the same thing. takes me back to the beginning when i press the up or down cc. i have also tried setting the same number for the upper and lower limit but that just sends me to the preset with that number.
it seems weird that this isn't enabled by default and the default function is to set a pool of presets and navigate in them instead of the one used at the time...

To make sure I'm following you, are you saying the increment or decrement changes to the first preset in the range before incrementing or decrementing?

And are you starting outside the range or inside the range?

To make sure I'm following you, are you saying the increment or decrement changes to the first preset in the range before incrementing or decrementing?

And are you starting outside the range or inside the range?
when i am in a preset already selected and i press the up or down commands it sends me to the lower end of the preset range that is set (the one set in the "preset inc start") and then it goes from there. i have tried starting from a preset outside the range and inside it (when i set the range to 0-511) and it still behaves the same way. weirdly enough i found out from a friend who uses an fm3 with an ampero switch for up/down to the presets when this is set via the stand in switches it behaves normally. it's with a midi controller that there's a problem

Back
Top Bottom