MIDI output voltage: WIDI Master is getting hot

No, just the displays and CPU according to Fractal, too bad with regards to MIDI power.

They also could've turned on the USB power for the useless USB-A connector, too bad about that as well.

MD-BT01 gets hot. I am using it with my FM3 Turbo and FracPad works great. The MD-BT01 gets so hot, I can’t keep my fingers on it. It happens as soon as the FM3 is powered on. I expect it to have a short lifespan with this heat

I wouldn't think it would, but does someone with more knowledge on this know? If it would affect the FM3, I will stop using it. As of now, I have only used it for about 30 minutes.

Hi! I would then like to share a solution to the problem described above. Today I tested Roland WM1. And yes, it doesn't get warm, which is what I suspected, since it is powered by its own voltage. AAA battery. According to the manufacturer, the operating time lasts for about 60 hours and when the battery is weak, the light comes on first. So that you can exchange it in time. For me it is a better and more elegant solution before you start tinkering and that with a 1500 euro device. The size is same as Yamaha BT01. The function is ok. In this sense a problem for me was solved. I wish everyone a nice Saturday evening.

Greetings from Lahr/Black Forest
@Justboy are you connecting to an iPad? If so, which app are you using to connect to the WM1?

I really hate to be "that guy", but I'd love to have a solution to this; my BT01 gets super hot almost immediately. However, I'm not really equipped to do this kind of DIY project: tiny apartment, toddler at home, haven't soldered since college.

Is anyone aware of a product I can buy that can obviate this problem? Or, any ideas on who to hire to make one for me? Would a guitar/amp tech typically take on something like this?

Thanks!

I get it. Sometimes I'm so busy, I just can't add another thing.

A guitar tech will charge you a higher rate, which may be worth it to you. Or maybe you know someone who's handy with a soldering iron, you can order the parts, and ask them to do it for you.

I think if you got a short female to male MIDI cable, a 200 ohm resistor (or pack of resistors), and some shrink wrap (to cover the mod)-- the tech or friend could finish it up. A competent person could do this in 30 minutes or less.

I really hate to be "that guy", but I'd love to have a solution to this; my BT01 gets super hot almost immediately. However, I'm not really equipped to do this kind of DIY project: tiny apartment, toddler at home, haven't soldered since college.

Is anyone aware of a product I can buy that can obviate this problem? Or, any ideas on who to hire to make one for me? Would a guitar/amp tech typically take on something like this?

Thanks!
Dyross, I might be able to build a short adaptor cable for you with the proper resistor.
Send me a PM on the fractal forum or instagram DM Visionary Instruments.

Is there ANY MIDI-powered wireless adapter that works with the FM3 Mk II Turbo without overheating, then? Seems like an unfortunate choice by FAS to omit the resistor, if that renders it unusable with all MIDI-powered wireless adapters, unless one resorts to custom cables and other inelegant solutions.

I think this is a known issue with the midi power on the FM3. There was a another post where someone installed a current limiting resistor on the pin to fix this issue

Back
Top Bottom