MIDI Merge

Hi, When you make preset changes this way, does the Mfc reflect the change since the midi message only goes t the Axe and not the MFC. When I change presets on the Axe, the MFC doesn't change.

Still issues with midi merge and splitter : help !!!

I just got a midi merge and a midi splitter (merger and quatra from midi solutions) based on what I saw on this thread and the whole thing is acting weird (and getting me very frustrated). I cant find anything on the wiki ... I hope someone can help me.

I am using the merge to merge the midi outs from the MFC and the midi interface to the in of the AXE. it works but the sound drops regularly (every 3 seconds or so) ... and so does the light of the midi merger box. Now if I unplug the power supply of the MFC, the dropping disappears.... so it's somehow linked with the power supply ???

But if now I also plug the midi splitter for the out (out of the axe being splitted to the ins of the computer interface and the MFC), the sound dropping disappears too ... and if I unplug the splitter the sound dropping starts ... as soon as I change my sound (and then the "midi in" of the axe flickers every 2 or 3 seconds). On top of it the out does not work properly : when I try to access a new sound on the AXE EDIT, the AXE FX dumps it (so it gets the order to send the patch) but it never arrives to the AXE EDIT. If I remove the splitter, the patch arrives on the AXE EDIT. I don't understand, because the splitter should not alter the data ... that's precisely why it's there. This happens even if there is no other thru cable connected on the splitter. I dunno ... it looks like there is some "clock" signal on the midi bothering the AXE, but interfering with the audio out ??? Maybe the AXE thinks it's a patch change signal and the sound drop is the patch switching ???
Maybe there is something to filter in the midi signal ? I looked at what happens with Midi Monitor but I cannot really read it.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Phllippe

Back
Top Bottom