MIDI issues: Fractal latency & issues?

The MIDI signal is sent when you release the footswitch, not when you stomp on it. Could that be what you're seeing?

Hi guys,

Just to chime in that I'm having very similar issues with my Herbert.

I will try the suggestions within and raise a ticket with FAS and Peter Diezel a mail and see what occurs...

This whole Diezel<>FX8 thing is really odd.
The FX8 worked fine with my EVH50w
My DMoll worked fine with the Joyo PXL; I assumed the change to FX8 and the issues happening at the same time was a coincidence but now IDK

I asked Peter to send out another midi chip...it hasn't arrived yet, but no I fear this won't help. Super frustrating because the tonez are awesome!

Thanks to all who are chiming in; I thought for a moment it was me-issue

Apparently, the problem isn't just with the FX8. A smattering of stuff from around the web:

I am using G-System with Diezel Herbert (4 cable + midi for chanel switching).

Unfortunately the midi switching is not working properly with Herbert...

I also use the G-System with my Diezel VH-4 and after a while I had the same problems.... Although programmed differently, the G-System would switch different channels as saved in the specific preset. Or it would not change the channels at all...

Two days after the call with Peter Diezel I have received the new Midi Chip from Peter. I have replaced the old Chip with new one and the problem was gone....

Hi , i'm trying to get my dmoll to work with my 11R fx rack...thing now is pushing for instance button 4 , switches the clean channel , 4 again scrolls to another channel ?...

Bought the RM4 a few months ago to use with my Diezel VH4, problem is that I can't get it to work with the Amp, as you can see the button I press on the footswitch isn't always the channel which is selected, which isn't ideal...

I'm sure Peter will sort it all out.

Last edited:
Midi chip received, installed, tested and its not perfect sadly. works 90% of the time using scene changes but is better when assigned to a midi block.

Im gonna try capturing the midi msgs just to ensure iv not got isolated signals going out incase somthing is confusing the amp somewhere.

Anyone having issues should contact Peter Diezel.

Last edited:
Midi chip received, installed, tested and its not perfect sadly. works 90% of the time using scene changes but is better when assigned to a midi block.

Was this post edited? I thought I read "new chip installed and works great".
Ugggghhhh. This 90% is not going to work for me. I thought my DMoll was my forever amp but this may lead to an angry gear flip.
There's no way I'm going back to traditional pedalboard anytime soon. The weird thing is, the cheap Joyo PXL live worked at a 99% level with my DMoll (?!)

My chip is incoming; I hope it works. If not I'm lucky enough to have 2 other amps that do work well and inspire (OR100, Kruse 5150 50w).

Was this post edited? I thought I read "new chip installed and works great".
Ugggghhhh. This 90% is not going to work for me. I thought my DMoll was my forever amp but this may lead to an angry gear flip.
There's no way I'm going back to traditional pedalboard anytime soon. The weird thing is, the cheap Joyo PXL live worked at a 99% level with my DMoll (?!)

My chip is incoming; I hope it works. If not I'm lucky enough to have 2 other amps that do work well and inspire (OR100, Kruse 5150 50w).

Indeed it was edited, unfortunately the first 20 or initial tests all worked so in my haste i posted. I then ended up having a jam later where things weren't as reliable.

I'm using a workaround for the times the channels don't change of midi block with both the on and off positions being the correct channel for the patch. i can just tap the switch and the change will happen

My new midi chip from Peter Diezel has arrived and is being installed by my tech. The amp sounds glorious so it is frustrating that I can't get it to work...I hope this solves it but I am not super optimistic here

new midi chip installed
I'm not sure if it is responding slightly better, but still far less than 100% which makes it useless live
It seems to work if you leave it alone for 10 minutes you can get 8-10 solid changes before it gets wacky
Total bummer

Again, the DMoll worked with the Joyo PXL Live (midi)
The fx8 works with my EVH 50w midi head

But together fx8<>DMoll=no good

There is another option to use a Diezel footcontroller; maybe if I get a custom cable it might work in that way?
I love this amp and fx but this has me beyond frustrated
:mad:

Back
Top Bottom