MIDI CC

andyp13

Power User
Hope someone can help
I want to switch on a vocal harmony unit via a foot switch connected to my MFC-101.
I have managed to get it working (sort off). The problem is that all of the switches on the 101 are transmitting CC also which it completely screwing up the vocal unit, changing patches etc etc

Is there anyway I can turn off the CC's except the CC transmitting from the foot switch?

I have the vocal unit connected via MIDI out of the axe fx.
Hope someone can help.

what does "everything is turned off" mean?

i'd suggest leaving the axe set to channel 1, since most functions default to channel 1. then any outboard gear use channel 2 or higher.

i'm not understanding your last reply.

IV turned off everything to do with CC and Program Change and still it changes the program numbers on the vocal unit.

I used to use this setup with my G-system and all I had to do was switch off CC transmit on all switches but the one I wanted to use, it took seconds. There is no setting on the 101 that enables me to do this?

you could do that on the g-system because it was intended to control its own brain. the MFC doesn't have that quick setup because it's intended to send PC and CC changes to MIDI devices. the g-system is a completely different product and design.

if you are talking about Program Changes, the MFC always sends a Program Change when you change Presets. that's pretty standard for any controller.

again, since the MFC defaults everything to MIDI Channel 1, why not just set your Vocal device to MIDI Channel 2? that would make the Vocal device ignore all messages. then setup the switches you want for the Vocal device on MIDI Channel 2.

what else are you using the MFC for? i don't understand why you'd turn off all CC and PC functions except for a few switches.

I want to use the MFC as normal but I need to add an external switch to be able to turn the vocal harmony on/off
I set the vocal harmony unit to ch2 and everything on the MFC to ch1 except the ext switch, but yet again when I change a patch on the MFC it changes the patch on the vocal unit :-(

then your vocal unit is listening to all channels for preset change. the problem is with the vocal unit. what is it?

if you had provided all this information in the first post, i might have had the solution a while ago.

Sorry, it's a Digitech Vocalist live (the new rack unit).
I can use a footswitch and cable into the unit as a last resort. I would have preferred using a footswitch via the MFC then there's no more cables etc.

I want to use the MFC as normal but I need to add an external switch to be able to turn the vocal harmony on/off
I set the vocal harmony unit to ch2 and everything on the MFC to ch1 except the ext switch, but yet again when I change a patch on the MFC it changes the patch on the vocal unit :-(

The Axe-fx transmits a program change on every MFC-101 preset change. You can go into the mfc-101 (edit - preset -page right 2x )and change the program change of channel 2 in the current preset to OFF.
Unfortunately you have to do this for every preset you use on the mfc-101.

you could do that on the g-system because it was intended to control its own brain. the MFC doesn't have that quick setup because it's intended to send PC and CC changes to MIDI devices. the g-system is a completely different product and design.

if you are talking about Program Changes, the MFC always sends a Program Change when you change Presets. that's pretty standard for any controller.

again, since the MFC defaults everything to MIDI Channel 1, why not just set your Vocal device to MIDI Channel 2? that would make the Vocal device ignore all messages. then setup the switches you want for the Vocal device on MIDI Channel 2.

what else are you using the MFC for? i don't understand why you'd turn off all CC and PC functions except for a few switches.

It would not ignore program changes. All channels send out there own program changes. He needs to set the program change on channel 2 in the preset to OFF. By default it send the same program change number as the preset it is on.

Back
Top Bottom