Middle of gig right now panic. Help

Keith White

Experienced
Update: was the xlr cable (went bad) running from axe fx to fc12. In the middle of a gig right now the fractal shut down and I looked turned the lights route on the FC12I turned around to look at the X effects 3 and the lights every light on the X effect 3 was blinking on and off with no sound any ideas

Last edited:
I'm just wondering... Is there another gear company in which if you were in this situation, the owner of the company would answer your frantic plea for help, within 7 minutes? That's a level of CS I've never experienced or even heard of!
And it's not the first time. In the only 3+ years I've been using Fractal gear and perusing these forums there's been at least two other times I noticed someone in a panic posting from a gig and getting an almost immediate response from Cliff (as well as other helpful forum members).

Since this made his Axe do some weird things, is it possible that a bad XLR cable could actually damage the Axe itself? Please don't speculate, as this seems pretty important to know for certain.

Yep I learned in a similar fashion that xlr quality is important for FC12. Once at a gig it just wouldn’t power on. Luckily it was just the cheap eBay cables I was using.

It seems a lot of these types of problems are caused by bad XLR cables. I recently went and built new cables for all of my connections, using the highest grade of components I could source. Cable length, color coded, and ends are all matched for my needs. Seems like it was a small price to pay for quality and ease of setup. MHO

Back
Top Bottom