Middle of gig right now panic. Help

Keith White

Experienced
Update: was the xlr cable (went bad) running from axe fx to fc12. In the middle of a gig right now the fractal shut down and I looked turned the lights route on the FC12I turned around to look at the X effects 3 and the lights every light on the X effect 3 was blinking on and off with no sound any ideas

Last edited:
Ouch!
Restart it, if you didn't already, then grab your backup rig if it's still lost in space.
Sucks, good luck

I'm just wondering... Is there another gear company in which if you were in this situation, the owner of the company would answer your frantic plea for help, within 7 minutes? That's a level of CS I've never experienced or even heard of!
And it's not the first time. In the only 3+ years I've been using Fractal gear and perusing these forums there's been at least two other times I noticed someone in a panic posting from a gig and getting an almost immediate response from Cliff (as well as other helpful forum members).

Since this made his Axe do some weird things, is it possible that a bad XLR cable could actually damage the Axe itself? Please don't speculate, as this seems pretty important to know for certain.

Yep I learned in a similar fashion that xlr quality is important for FC12. Once at a gig it just wouldn’t power on. Luckily it was just the cheap eBay cables I was using.

It seems a lot of these types of problems are caused by bad XLR cables. I recently went and built new cables for all of my connections, using the highest grade of components I could source. Cable length, color coded, and ends are all matched for my needs. Seems like it was a small price to pay for quality and ease of setup. MHO

Back
Top Bottom