Mid-Size solution - FBT Verve 8ma

alright, I'm gonna pick up a Verve 8ma as soon as I have the cash...wish I hadn't bought 2 guitars recently...doofus...

How do you guys think the 8 will handle a jazz trio gig with upright bass and drums? Or maybe an electric band situation with keys witch may get a little louder

gsegal said:
How do you guys think the 8 will handle a jazz trio gig with upright bass and drums? Or maybe an electric band situation with keys witch may get a little louder
It'll handle it fine and you'll like the big sound/small footprint combo.

solo-act said:
gsegal said:
What about keys, acoustic drums, acoustic guitar, bass, 3 or 4 vocals and fiddle. . . . at stage levels of around 100dBa? I just need enough volume for personal monitoring.

Terry.

Tone Seeker said:
[quote="solo-act":4dlc6rwg]
gsegal said:
What about keys, acoustic drums, acoustic guitar, bass, 3 or 4 vocals and fiddle. . . . at stage levels of around 100dBa? I just need enough volume for personal monitoring.

Terry.[/quote:4dlc6rwg]

We must play in the same band! It does PERFECTLY in that situation.

Scott Peterson said:
[quote="Tone Seeker":283pcygk]What about keys, acoustic drums, acoustic guitar, bass, 3 or 4 vocals and fiddle. . . . at stage levels of around 100dBa? I just need enough volume for personal monitoring.

Terry.

We must play in the same band! It does PERFECTLY in that situation.[/quote:283pcygk]
You're right, it is very similar to your situation! I guess I just wasn't sure about levels.

Terry.

Just curious if the 8ma would reproduce CD music as good or even beter than a Jolly 8ba that uses a powered speaker and powered tweeter design? I am sure the wooden enclosure and coaxial speaker is a better design for the Axe. That I have no doubt. Just wondering if CD music would sound better too? I'd love to get a pair of 8ma's to replace my FBT Jolly 8ba's some day. Any thoughts?

It reproduces CD music very well. I can't compare it to other FBT speakers, because this is the first one and only one I've ever heard.

I do not know what you would mount the 8ma with; there are no pole mounts or even fly points to mount it with. It's purpose built as a floor monitor.

Scott Peterson said:
It reproduces CD music very well. I can't compare it to other FBT speakers, because this is the first one and only one I've ever heard.

I do not know what you would mount the 8ma with; there are no pole mounts or even fly points to mount it with. It's purpose built as a floor monitor.

You should be able to mount it with the BOX 118 adapter you see here:

http://www.fbtusa.net/files/Verve_all_p ... hoo_tc.pdf

Or save some money and get the On-Stage adapter EB9760:

http://www.onstagestands.com/catalogs/c ... Stands.pdf

Scott Peterson said:

Oops, sorry my bad! I was looking at my 12ma which has one.

Man those look sweet! Bummer I wish it had more of a pole mount and handle. Well you can't have it all. I was drooling just looking at the photos of the Verve Series. Very nice. The great thing about those little 8ma's and 12ma's is the size and I am so jealous about the 100% dispersion of sound. You can punch FBT speakers so loud your head will fall off and the clarity is still there. LOL! Congrat's Scott. I'm totally jealous.

I was about to pick up a 12ma but now Im thinking that 2 8ma's might be better . It would be stereo and 2 8 inch speakers is equal in cone size to 1 16 inch speaker . What do you guys think? . Didnt someone say they had a 12 ma and ordered an 8ma and that they would post a review . Im wondering if the only difference is in the lower frequecies

frankiev said:
I was about to pick up a 12ma but now Im thinking that 2 8ma's might be better . It would be stereo and 2 8 inch speakers is equal in cone size to 1 16 inch speaker . What do you guys think? . Didnt someone say they had a 12 ma and ordered an 8ma and that they would post a review . Im wondering if the only difference is in the lower frequecies

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6407

hippietim said:
frankiev said:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6407
Exactly.
That, and also this: cone size is meaningless in that sense. Two units at 8 inch has absolutely no relationship with a single at 16 inches (or anything else, for that matter).

Thanks for the link . As far as 2 8's equaling a 16 youre correct they dont exactly equall a 16 but the surface area of the cones are close and 2 8's will absolutly have more low mids /bass than 1 8 .Maybe as much as 1 12 .

frankiev said:
Thanks for the link . As far as 2 8's equaling a 16 youre correct they dont exactly equall a 16 but the surface area of the cones are close and 2 8's will absolutly have more low mids /bass than 1 8 .Maybe as much as 1 12 .

There would be more volume, but the frequency response wouldn't change. In other words, it would be like raising the volume.

Sorry but I disagree 2 8"s will be 3 db louder than 1-8 "across all frequencies

Edit ,Appologies , I misread your post .

Hey Scott just wanted to get more of your imput on the fulness of sound you are getting from the new Verve compared to your QSC as you have time to use it in larger settings and with live drummers on different stages. This may be an unfair comparisom 'cus the QSC is huge and has a 12" speaker and the Verve 8ma is 8" speaker, but I was wondering if you could describe what you are missing in the tone comparison. And I am wondering if the FBT 8ma would keep up as a single monitor source with a heavy drummer or would the QSC always be the choice for a larger stage? I believe that I have read before that the QSC feels the closest to a "real amp" or has that "in the room" feel. Are you getting most of that with the FBT? Real interested in your continued imput as you use the FBT in multiple applicatioins.

Back
Top Bottom