Michael Landau - "I'm Buzzed" ML Brit Collection

JMR

I was working on my own stuff the other day and decided it'd be fun to noodle over a Michael Landau tune during a session break. I used the stock 1959 SLP Treble preset bundle included in the collection for the rhythm tones. The cab used for all guitars the ML Brit PR55 SM57 A1. For lead tones I added a fuzz face to boost the gain since I was using single coils. The clean tones were made using a Double Verb Vib also using the ML Brit PR55 SM57 A1 cab. To simulate the Tri-Chorus, I used both the Quad Chorus and the Chorus block on the 8-voice setting. For guitars, I used the Eric Johnson strat. Humbuckers will sound a bit wooly using the lead scene, so I'd suggest lowering the gain on the fuzz face. Enjoy!

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3851

Preset was made using an Axe FX II using Quantum 1.02.

Attachments

• JMR Buzz1.png
    JMR Buzz1.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 66
  • JMR Buzz 2.png
    JMR Buzz 2.png
    289.5 KB · Views: 53
  • JMR Buzz 3.png
    JMR Buzz 3.png
    287.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Good job, love Landau's playing. His session work with Michael McDonald and Jennifer Warnes is a great example of how to play hot guitar in context. Great selection here!

That's seriously impressive! :) I got some rotating speaker vibes from that clean part. That rhythm guitar sounds extremely realistic and why am I not surprised your soloing blew my mind? Keep it up Jason. :)

Reactions: JMR
Back
Top Bottom