Mic or Mix ?

I run CH1 out to FOH and CH2 Out to my stage monitors. I have CH2OUT copied from CH1 as in @chris's post. I set Out1 level and forget. I can alter Out2 from the stage if I'm too loud or too quiet during the gig without affecting FOH.

I run CH1 out to FOH and CH2 Out to my stage monitors. I have CH2OUT copied from CH1 as in @chris's post. I set Out1 level and forget. I can alter Out2 from the stage if I'm too loud or too quiet during the gig without affecting FOH.
This plus if the band is using IEM's you'll piss them and the FOH tech off if you mess with the main output. Set it and forget it. ;)

When dialing in tones such as using the IIC+. Should I use just one FRFR to get the right tone or use both CLR and Xitone?

When dialing in tones such as using the IIC+. Should I use just one FRFR to get the right tone or use both CLR and Xitone?
What is the "right tone"? To you it may be one thing, to someone else it may be something entirely different. I say use whatever sounds best to you, whether it's one or two speakers at the same time. Personally, I tend to drift toward two FRFR's of the same make and model, whereas you have two different powered speakers. Just beware that what sounds good on the CLR may sound a little different on the Xitone, but it may be the blend that sounds best to you.

You can't break it like that, give it a try!

That's is the exact reason this question came up. I know that the Xitone and CLR have two complete different sounds. So mix them separate and then together and see what sounds best to me is what I think I'm reading ?

The front of house still sounds a bit nasally no matter how I set the two channels. Any other advice on that ? Am I missing something ? SoundCraft ai24R.

Don't want to be "that guy" but as this topic has gained some traction, I was wondering if the OP might want to correct the title of this topic to "Mic or Mix" as I think he intended, rather than "Mix or Mix". You can do that by editing your original post.

The front of house still sounds a bit nasally no matter how I set the two channels. Any other advice on that ? Am I missing something ? SoundCraft ai24R.
Give an example of how you’ve “set the two channels”.

Don't want to be "that guy" but as this topic has gained some traction, I was wondering if the OP might want to correct the title of this topic to "Mic or Mix" as I think he intended, rather than "Mix or Mix". You can do that by editing your original post.
Thank you for the information ! I think I changed .

Give an example of how you’ve “set the two channels”.
Right and Left channels. Both EQed separately. FOH. I tried them both mono and Stereo with no different out come. Accept for one being mono and one stereo. Still sounds thin on both settings.

Right and Left channels. Both EQed separately. FOH. I tried them both mono and Stereo with no different out come. Accept for one being mono and one stereo. Still sounds thin on both settings.
How did you EQ it?

Back
Top Bottom