MFC101 Tuner Issue

Neon

Hello,

Managed to get great sounds and I am enjoying more and more the Axe fx 2 everyday!

But I have a little problem with the mfc101 mk3 tuner : whenever I press it, it'll do it's function, but I won't have any sound coming out after I'm done tuning (to clarify I press once to tune, then press a second time to go back to a preset), even when I press on the Tuner of the Axe's front panel it's the same...the only solution is to reboot.

FYI I've set the tuner so that it remains silent when I need to tune, but can't find anything in the settings related to my issue.

Thanks !

What is the firmware version of your AxeFX and MFC-101?

You indicated the tuner will go into the mute mode while tuning, but does not properly exit tuning mode. Power down, and disconnect the pedal from the AxeFX. Power up the AxeFX, and try the tuner from the front panel only. If it doesn't mute / unmute properly, the issue is in the AxeFX configuration. If it does mute / unmute properly from the front panel, the the issue is in the communication between the MFC-101 and AxeFX.

How is your AxeFX connected to the MFC-101? Is it via an ethernet cable, MIDI, or FasLink XLR? How long is the cable?

Try the following :
  1. Make sure the system is correctly set for using the type of connection that you have.
  2. Whichever method you are using, try another cable of the same type. If you have a shorter cable of the same type, that's even better. This will reduce the possibility that it's the cable.
  3. If the symptom continues, try switching to another connection method, and retest. Remember to always power down before connecting / disconnecting the cable to the pedal.
Let me know if this helps. It will help narrow the cause.

Brand new to MCF-101, just got it two days ago.

Is there something special I need to program (concerning the MFC-101) in order for the tuner to mute the AxeFX II while tuning? Other than selecting the proper unit (i.e. AxeFX II through the MFC), everything else was stock and used "out of the box" default settings. I looked through the manual but didn't see anything which addressed this specifically. Am I missing something?

EDIT:
Solved, it was in the actual AxeFX tuner set-up... Doh!

Last edited:
Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, tried what you said Sleestak, when the MFC is unplugged it works well from the front panel, but when it's plugged either from the MFC or the Axe's panel there's no sound after I tuned. I don't have any other cable than the RJ45, but it's a brand new one, 5m long I'd say...

Any ideas?

Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom