1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

MFC-Edit with Axe-Fx III

Discussion in 'MFC-Edit' started by bwanagary, Apr 2, 2018.

1. bwanagary

bwanagary
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Here's an addendum if you're planning to use your MFC-101 with the Axe-Fx III while waiting for for the FC-6 and FC-12 to become available. I'm sure that there is more to say but there are some things to keep in mind and some additional features on MFC-Edit 8.0 to ease programming the MFC-101 for use with the Axe-Fx III.

Attached Files:

2. moregear

moregear
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

What would you need to do to go back and forth between Axe-Fx II and Axe-Fx III with the MFC-101(rehearsal and home studio)?

3. yek

yek
    Expand Collapse

Bump because this deserves more attention.

4. bwanagary

bwanagary
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You would need nothing more than changing the Axe-Fx Mode parameter on the BASE CONFIG page from Axe-Fx III to Axe-Fx II and select the correct communications port. (Or you could just change the Axe-Fx Mode and Communication Port in the MFC-101 itself using the built-in editor).

moregear likes this.
  5. fgould

fgould
    Expand Collapse
    New here

So this may be a stupid question that has already been asked, but I have read that the MFC will not work with the lll , now it looks like it will with an update ???,

Really want to start using the lll live, but it’s useless without a foot controller for me,

If I knew the release date or at least an anticipated date, it sure would be nice to know, even if its a longtime, at least then I can plan accordingly!!!

6. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

This has been covered ad nauseum in various threads.

The MFC-101 will work fine as a generic midi controller with the Axe Fx III.

What it lacks is bidirectional communication and Axe Fx mode.

bwanagary and AlGrenadine like this.