MFC assign issue

mattseed

Inspired
Hi guys, I set my MFC 101 mkIII up ages ago so that switches 1 to 4 move up presets so,

Switch1 preset 200
Switch2 preset 201

Etc
Just updated to latest firmware on the MFC and that's all got lost somehow and for the life of me I can not find out how I did it. Just looking at the Manuel about assigning IA's and on the list on page 22 it doesn't really have this option. Any help would be great guys it's got me stumped. It's one of those things I figured out once then off loaded.
Cheers
Matt

This?

12.4.3 Axe-*‐Fx Preset Transmit Map
EDIT : MIDI : PAGE" (3x)
The Axe-*‐Fx Preset Transmit (“Tx”) Map is used to set up a custom map between MFC-*‐101 presets and Axe-*‐Fx presets. This
makes it possible for any MFC-*‐101 preset to load any of the 384 presets from a connected Axe-*‐Fx.

I can't seem to make that work. The weird but is if I am in preset 280 on axe then my IA1 is lit green, if I press IA2 it doesn't move to preset 281. However if I am in preset 280 and IA1 is lit green and turn the value dial on the axe itself to preset 281 it moves the MFC to IA2 ?

Just reading through that part of the instructions it's not quite what I want......I don't think. Before I had it so switch 1 to 4 moved up presets from say 200 to 203 then I pressed up to move up a bank to 284 then switches moved from 284 to 287 and so on. I can't work out why it's stopped working to be honest but also can't figure out how to get it back. Is there a global instruction to make the first row incrementally move up presets?

Just reading through that part of the instructions it's not quite what I want......I don't think. Before I had it so switch 1 to 4 moved up presets from say 200 to 203 then I pressed up to move up a bank to 284 then switches moved from 284 to 287 and so on. I can't work out why it's stopped working to be honest but also can't figure out how to get it back. Is there a global instruction to make the first row incrementally move up presets?

Make sure you are not in reveal mode.
Male sure your bank size is set to 5.
Be sure your Perfmode is set to Preset

Thanks Javajunkie I have it set to bank size 4 cuz I use my tuner on IA5 but that's as it was before. Perfmode is set to preset. The only one I'm not certain on there is reveal mode, I have gone through the settings and can't see that word anywhere, which option would that be under ?

MFC: Upper corner right switch: REVEAL: If it`s lightning or blinking: Press it to go back to "Preset-Layer". Not your switches 1-4 (Banksize=4) will work as Preset switches again. If not: Check Axe-Fx Mode and MIDI Channel

Thanks Morphosis. Reveal is not flashing so all good there. Axe fx mode is set correct to II. Midis channel is set to 01 I assume that's correct. This has really got me stumped, it was all ok until this last update. All other IA's are doing what they were before even the bank up and down its just the first 4 arnt ? I assumed it was a command to move up incrementally more than assigning each one to a preset, I'm sure I didn't do that before. So no matter what preset your on the next IA along would move you one up and then bank of course the next bank up. Thanks for your help guys it's much appreciated. Matt

It is not a command to move incrementally, it is preprogrammed to do that. You can set the program changes to different values. They don't have to be incremental.

Sorry for being Mr thicky....but could you just tell me exactly which setting it is that would program it to do that please. Everything I tried just does nothing and each one of those first 4 Switches just changes scenes not presets. I know this must be basic stuff but I'm a bit stumped.

Back
Top Bottom