MFC-101 Mk III not sending midi to anything - HELP!

randycloud

Just opened a new unit and it aint working:

I first connected it to my H&K Grandmeister 36 and tried programming some presets and IA Switches, but the H&K did not respond to anything. I then tried it with a TC Electronics G-Force and a Voodoo Lab GCX, and neither of those units responded either. So I disconnected the MFC-101, hooked up a Rocktron All Access MIDI Controller, programmed some presets and IA Switches on that unit and all three devices (GM-36, G-Force & GCX) worked perfectly.

As an additional test, I inserted an iConnect MIDI Interface between the Rocktron and the other MIDI Devices. I could see the LEDs flash on the iConnect every time I pressed a button, indicating the iConnect was receiving MIDI information and passing it on to my MIDI devices, which again responded as expected. Then I swapped out the Rocktron with the MFC-101 and discovered that the LEDS were NOT lighting up at all no matter what buttons I pressed, proving the MFC-101 is NOT transmitting any MIDI info.

What am I missing?

Randy

Are you transmitting the change on the channel that the devices are set up for.

What is your routing? What messages are you sending?

Are you using the Axe-fx?
If not did you take the unit out of axe-fx mode?

Hi Sean - here are responses to your questions:

MFC-101 MIDI Out to G-Force MIDI In, G-Force MIDI thru to GCX MIDI Pedal In, GCX MIDI Out to GM-36 MIDI In.
GM-36 and MFC are both is set to MIDI Channel 1, G-Force is on Channel 2 and GCX is on Channel 16.
Sending Program Changes to the G-Force and GM-36 for Presets 1 thru 5.
IA switches 11, 12 & 13 are configured to send On/Off messages on MIDI Channel 16 using Control Change Numbers 80, 81 & 82 to activate/deactivate Loops 1, 2 & 3 on the GCX.
Not using an Axe-FX so mode is set to none.

To reiterate, there is no activity on the iConnect regardless of how the parameters are configured, which shows the MFC-101 is not transmitting any MIDI data, but all three devices (GM-36, G-Force and GCX) do respond as desired - and the iConnect LEDs flash - when using the Rocktron.

You may have to configure the g force to echo midi in to midi thru. I would simplify and connect the mfc to your computer via the midi in on your audio interface and use a midi monitor app to check what the mfc is putting out, if anything.

Back
Top Bottom