MF10 from G66/Redsound vs Atomic CLR - UNBIASED REVIEW!

So do they only come alive at gig volume, or are they OK at home levels?
They can easily do both but there is that extra shine on gig volume.
If you are just want to use them for home levels, I would go with the Elis 8 (I have and use both) but the Elis 8 do have a slightly mid bump, which I really like, they will shake your home!

They can easily do both but there is that extra shine on gig volume.
If you are just want to use them for home levels, I would go with the Elis 8 (I have and use both) but the Elis 8 do have a slightly mid bump, which I really like, they will shake your home!
I've got two CLRs and was thinking about the MF10s and wanted something that'll work at home levels and gig levels
Thanks for the info

So how would you compare the two Cabs?
I'm absolutely with Sukh. The CLR are great Monitors, you can't go wrong with them but the MF10 are just more joy to play, I have more fun and I find them more inspiring. THe CLR are maybe more flat (I don't know and I don't care) and the MF10 are more like "Amp in the Room" sounding.
It depends on what you are after.

I'm absolutely with Sukh. The CLR are great Monitors, you can't go wrong with them but the MF10 are just more joy to play, I have more fun and I find them more inspiring. THe CLR are maybe more flat (I don't know and I don't care) and the MF10 are more like "Amp in the Room" sounding.
It depends on what you are after.
When those MF10 tones make it to tape or FOH, do they translate as well as ones you build listening through CLRs?

It's nice if you like what you hear, but that's the real point I'd say.

When those MF10 tones make it to tape or FOH, do they translate as well as ones you build listening through CLRs?

It's nice if you like what you hear, but that's the real point I'd say.
Check out my video on this very point - even tones I created on CLRs had to be tweaked to fit properly in the mix of the song as it required it when recording, and this has always been the case regardless of the monitor used to create the tone.

having now gigged the MF10s, tones created using them at volume have sounded as good as anything created with the CLRs. But the sound guy always tweaks everything to make it fit the room and band tone on the day. So nothing has really changed in that regard except I’m enjoying playing the MF10s more

I'm again with Sukh here.
The FOH Signal gets always tweaked to the venue etc.
Presets that I do create on rehearsals etc. will not fit every venue/location.
But that is the point for every monitor.

I'm again with Sukh here.
The FOH Signal gets always tweaked to the venue etc.
Presets that I do create on rehearsals etc. will not fit every venue/location.
But that is the point for every monitor.

I always used to do this back in my valve amp days.

My Rivera's had a 'Focus" control that I would describe to non-guitarists as tuning the amp to the room control. Worked great

@ZenRigs Man thank you for posting this; I've had my eye on Red Sound for a while and @Sashman 's comparison of the MF10 and Elis8 put me over the edge. I ordered an Elis8 bundle today. It was a tough choice but I think the Elis8s will give me the sound I want in a compact package. Can't wait to get them!
Have fun with them!
And yeah it’s a tough choice, I could not say which of them I prefer if I had to chose between the Elis 8 and MF 10.

Just received my MF10 stereo setup here in DC.
Was using CLR neo original and a Xitone M. Britt

The MF10s are just amazing!!!!! I only had one minute to test them before heading back to office work but OMG. I was so blown away I had to call the Resound distributor in USA, Emal to tell him. He's great BTW - super customer service. Took about a week to receive the speakers.

Cannot wait to get back out and work them over. BTW the M. Britt is a great cab and has options to use as a guitar type cab and will definitely find good use in my studio. but for my purposes with FRFR the MF10s just blew me away.

I'm using them primarily on violin with pickup, Axe FX 3. But will also be using acoustic guitar and I think more guitar work too now.

Immediately I noticed 1. clarity, 2. warmth, 3. impact, 4. ability to differentiate nuances of my presets and sounds. 5. smoothness, 6. feel of a real amp.

Just received my MF10 stereo setup here in DC.
Was using CLR neo original and a Xitone M. Britt

The MF10s are just amazing!!!!! I only had one minute to test them before heading back to office work but OMG. I was so blown away I had to call the Resound distributor in USA, Emal to tell him. He's great BTW - super customer service. Took about a week to receive the speakers.

Cannot wait to get back out and work them over. BTW the M. Britt is a great cab and has options to use as a guitar type cab and will definitely find good use in my studio. but for my purposes with FRFR the MF10s just blew me away.

I'm using them primarily on violin with pickup, Axe FX 3. But will also be using acoustic guitar and I think more guitar work too now.

Immediately I noticed 1. clarity, 2. warmth, 3. impact, 4. ability to differentiate nuances of my presets and sounds. 5. smoothness, 6. feel of a real amp.
Please post the link to the Resound distributor in USA.

Thanks

Does anyone know the difference between the version we can get here in the US and the G66 edition in Italy? Mostly interested in tone comparisons or wattage.

Does anyone know the difference between the version we can get here in the US and the G66 edition in Italy? Mostly interested in tone comparisons or wattage.
Same specs, G66 branded the cab (MF.10 and Elis) for European distribution. In the US LYON & HEALY CORPORATION is the distributor.

Back
Top Bottom