Metronome clicks come through to my guitar tracks when recording with AXE II

Hi everyone!

I have strange issue with AXE II when I do my recordings with it. The problem is this: When I do my recording into my DAW, I use metronome. And it's clicks somehow come through to my recorded guitar tracks, both DI and processed. Clicks do not come through my pickups! It is not connection through air. I can even roll off the volume on my guitar to zero - and clicks are still will be coming to recorded tracks.

Here is what I found when I did some experiments with this issue.
1. Clicks disappear completely if I pull out the guitar cable from the Instr jack, doesn't matter is guitar connected to other side of the cable or not.
2. Clicks disappear completely if I roll off the Output Level 1 knob to minimum position, and when Output Level 1 knob is at maximum position - the clicks are the loudest, so Output Level 1 knob has main impact on level of this crosstalk.

There is some kind of crosstalk going on between the Output Level 1 knob and Instr Input. Looks like there is something going on between the capacitance of guitar cable and Output Level 1 knob resistance.

Does anyone have the same issue as mine ?
Cliff, if you are reading this - could you please suggest me what to do ? My AXE FX II is the Original one, not Mark II.

Are you using headphones or monitor for the click track? I have noticed that for some reason my guitar started capturing the snare since i started using the Axe-fx. this is especially audible when i use a preset with delay. This happens both in the reheasal studio and live. Could this maybe be related to the issues you're having?

I heard this very thing today when I was laying down a track. Are you using the DAW's built in metronome? Is the metronome loud coming out of your monitors as you play?
I didn't really hear it until I was done recording and doing a fade at the end and was wondering where the clicks were coming from and they were recorded to the guitar track. I sit right in front of my monitors and I'm sure the pickups are picking them up from the monitors. There's really no other explanation I can think of.

That's almost certainly it. The monitors are creating little electromagnetic pulses with each click, and your pickups are sensing them. It's what they're designed to do.

Guys, you haven't read my explanations I gave to this issue before.
Even if I start the recording and turn the volume on guitar to ZERO(!!!) - there is still clicks coming to my recorded track! Of course, it's not pickups picking anything. I can disconnect the guitar entirely - and the click still will be on recorded track. Please read the first message attentive.

Guys, you haven't read my explanations I gave to this issue before.
Even if I start the recording and turn the volume on guitar to ZERO(!!!) - there is still clicks coming to my recorded track! Of course, it's not pickups picking anything. I can disconnect the guitar entirely - and the click still will be on recorded track. Please read the first message attentive.

Not sure the tone is necessary for people who are trying to help you.

This is probably a recording issue. You are recording everything that is going through your monitoring. Figure out in your recording software how to disable the metronome for recording (it's probably some MIDI click box somewhere, maybe your mixer.)

Back
Top Bottom