Wish Metronome Block

1) metronome assignable to ANY output
2) persistent metronome volume (instead of defaulting to OFF after power down)
3) ability to turn metronome on/off per preset/scene
YESSS exactly! Not sure we need the metronome to be a block but +1 For those 3 things, this would be amazing.

Though I would maybe replace the 3 by :
-Allow metronome volumes to be open to modifier. As this would allow to attach an expression pedal to the volume and/or a scene controller and have the volume set per scene/preset.

Instead of having the Metronome in the controller area, add a Metronome block to allow:

1) metronome assignable to ANY output
2) persistent metronome volume (instead of defaulting to OFF after power down)
3) ability to turn metronome on/off per preset/scene

A little background. Currently, I use Output 1 to send my guitar signal post-CAB block to our IEMs, FOH, or I can dial in my tone using the headphone jack. Output 2 sends a click from the Metronome controller to our drummer's IEMs. Output 3 is used for an external looper and Output 4 sends my guitar signal pre-CAB block to a Matrix power amp and 2x12 cabinet. This totally works fine (as long as I remember to turn the metronome on), BUT I would prefer to use Output 2 as my pre-CAB block output because of the added flexibility of having both XLR and 1/4" jacks.
I love this idea, if you add:
  1. some predefined drum sounds or the ability to upload them to the IR storage
  2. a simple pattern grid to build grooves
  3. a way to switch between patterns
  4. a way to start and stop the patterns
  5. time signatures
you have the perfect package for practice and simple one man guitar shows. As a looping artist this would essentially allow me to leave the looper pedals at home.

Will support this! Some of us who prefer to hear a metronome compared with tapping your foot can't depend on foot-tapping because it can lead to inconsistencies. While it might be safe to say, "I don't have an alternate solution," let's consider cultivating this idea!

Will support this! Some of us who prefer to hear a metronome compared with tapping your foot can't depend on foot-tapping because it can lead to inconsistencies. While it might be safe to say, "I don't have an alternate solution," let's consider cultivating this idea!
You realize there's a Metronome already? The wish is about specific additional features...

Press the Tempo button on the front panel. Turn up the level...
My FM9's not currently on just now...I see the Tempo button,,,does pressing this bring up a menu on the main screen, or is there a separate knob for tempo level...?

Pressing it once brings up the Tempo menu with the metronome settings. They're also found on the Tempo tab of the Controllers screen in the Editor.

Pressing it once brings up the Tempo menu with the metronome settings. They're also found on the Tempo tab of the Controllers screen in the Editor.
Thanks, much obliged. Will check it out soon. Just finishing cleaning up the kitchen this evening before bed....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom