Wish Metronome Block

Yup. A metronome block with 4 channels would be a step in that direction, tho....
Yes, but why not just take the full step in that direction, and make Tempo a per-scene function? The metronome serves the tempo, not the other way around.

I still don’t see a benefit of turning the Metronome into a block you have to place.

Last edited:
A metronome block would let you put effects on the metronome, run it through the amp, run it through its own chain of destruction, multi tap + pitch shift distort just the tails...
In other words, use the metronome as a synthesizer? Any of the things you mentioned might serve artistic expression, but they would hamper its effectiveness as a metronome.

If you want those behaviors as a music synthesis tool, maybe ask for them as enhanced capability for the Synth block. But keep my metronome simple, so I can just turn it on and use it, without having to worry about where I’m going to put it.

Hi all. Happy new axe fx3 user here

I wish to add to the metronome wish list:
  • most important for me - sound presets and number of measures (such as 3/4, 3/8, etc). Right now it's all the same "tick-tick-tick", which is hard to practice to. If I could have accents on some clicks that'd be so awesome. For now I have to connect my phone to [input 2] and use metronome from my phone
  • ability to send to any output, not just 1, 2 or usb as it is right now

Hello,
+1 for those 3 original wishes :
-metronome assignable to ANY output
-persistent metronome volume (instead of defaulting to OFF after power down)
-ability to turn metronome on/off per preset/scene

For the per-scene requests, I think among all the proposals the best is to give channels to the metronome. This way it would :
-Allow up to 4 tempo/metronome configurations per preset to be switched with a FC switch and/or per scene.
-change outputs and/or volume and/or tempo of metronome per channel. One channel could be set to volume = 0 so that it is muted.
-And very important as well I think : With channels, it doesn't change anything for users who want to keep the metronome the same as it work now.

Instead of having the Metronome in the controller area, add a Metronome block to allow:

1) metronome assignable to ANY output
2) persistent metronome volume (instead of defaulting to OFF after power down)
3) ability to turn metronome on/off per preset/scene

A little background. Currently, I use Output 1 to send my guitar signal post-CAB block to our IEMs, FOH, or I can dial in my tone using the headphone jack. Output 2 sends a click from the Metronome controller to our drummer's IEMs. Output 3 is used for an external looper and Output 4 sends my guitar signal pre-CAB block to a Matrix power amp and 2x12 cabinet. This totally works fine (as long as I remember to turn the metronome on), BUT I would prefer to use Output 2 as my pre-CAB block output because of the added flexibility of having both XLR and 1/4" jacks.
DIDO

Instead of having the Metronome in the controller area, add a Metronome block to allow:

1) metronome assignable to ANY output
2) persistent metronome volume (instead of defaulting to OFF after power down)
3) ability to turn metronome on/off per preset/scene

A little background. Currently, I use Output 1 to send my guitar signal post-CAB block to our IEMs, FOH, or I can dial in my tone using the headphone jack. Output 2 sends a click from the Metronome controller to our drummer's IEMs. Output 3 is used for an external looper and Output 4 sends my guitar signal pre-CAB block to a Matrix power amp and 2x12 cabinet. This totally works fine (as long as I remember to turn the metronome on), BUT I would prefer to use Output 2 as my pre-CAB block output because of the added flexibility of having both XLR and 1/4" jacks.
It would be extra work for the user to insert a metronome block on his preses and assign it to an output every time that he needs to use it.
But then again it's extra work to walk over to your AXE FX 3 while you're playing in trying to shut off the click track because you're about to do a ritard at the end of the song you are recording :)

I just want to echo the desire for metronome features.

I'm most interested in accents to make time signatures with and quicker ways to turn it off and on. Would be a neat practice helper.

A metronome block would be super handy for practice. Namely with the ability to edit in Axe Edit aswell.
This in conjunction with reverb and delay chord hold would make practice a joy!

A metronome block would be super handy for practice. Namely with the ability to edit in Axe Edit aswell.
This in conjunction with reverb and delay chord hold would make practice a joy!
what is “chord hold”, and how is it different from the “hold” function that’s already in the reverb and delay blocks?

Back
Top Bottom